Mctimothy Associates Consulting Limited – Our client, a Pan-African cosmetics manufacturing, retailing and training company that uses safe and ethically sourced earth derived (natural) ingredients to create natural and high performing skincare products. Our mission is to empower the African woman and her family to be confident in their skin-tone using simple and effective skincare products made from safe, ethically sourced earth derived (natural) raw materials curated to create fun and exciting bath time pleasures.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Officer
Location : Lagos
- The Business Development Officer will lead the expansion of the brand among both customers and potential partners. Key areas of responsibility include sales, marketing, partnership development, brand management, and marketing asset creation.
- As the Business Development Lead, you will be an integral part of creating and expanding the brand equity and of envisioning the future of the brand.
This role doubles as Business Administrative Manager with direct reporting to BM with job functions across Sales, Marketing, Partnerships and Brand Management.
- Develop and execute business development strategies focused on:
- high sales
- Business growth/ expansion
- Customer satisfaction
- Business values
- Oversee day to day business operations across our four divisions
- Develop the brand into a pan African household business name.
- Grow the brand to become one of topmost social savvy cosmetics brand in Africa.
- Effectively develop and manage all internal and external business correspondences.
- Research organizations and individuals to find new opportunities, develop new markets and improve sales
- Lead partnership and business development strategies to increase revenue for the brand
- Identify opportunities for partnerships with local and international entities who are excited to share in the brand’s mission and build meaningful, new relationships
- Define and progress partners through the brand partnership lifecycle, achieving milestones to meet internal goals
- Structure, negotiate, and close new partnership deals
- Manage and grow existing relationships with partners to maximize value on all sides
- Build infrastructure, processes, and best practices to support the work of partnership and business development, including the introduction of tools and systems as needed
- Work collaboratively with leaders across the organization to define and refine offerings, to ensure quality for partners
- Set, measure, and reach goals, plans, and KPIs for the partnerships and business development team
- Represent brand externally to forge connections and generate enthusiasm for the brand at every opportunity
- Oversee the ideation, planning, and production of revenue-generating products and events
- Work closely with the PR consultant to create and implement PR initiatives and draft press releases.
- Write press releases for announcements and ensure their distribution among relevant media contacts
- Build strong relationships with local and international press, to ensure positive media coverage of brand and its portfolio companies.
- BA / B.Sc degree
- Preferably Female
- 3+ years’ experience, with focus on digital initiatives and/or partnerships in the cosmetic & beauty industry
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally to drive multiple time-sensitive, high priority projects
- Deep understanding of skincare & beauty ecosystem, including publications and magazines to off takers, conferences, supermarket and brands
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, and the ability to serve as a spokesperson for the brand
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about complex issues, and effectively influence internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to communicate internally effectively to sell ideas and programs and good judgment about projects and initiatives.
Deadline: 21st February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.