Business Development Manager at Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric - As the Global Specialist in Energy Management™ and market leader in industrial automation and software. Schneider Electric enables people to experience and transform efficiency where they live and work; from home to enterprise, across the grid and the city. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group brings a world where innovative individuals use collaborative solutions to make the most of their energy, while using less of the common planet.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager, Access to Energy - Sub Saharan Africa
Req No: 007WSS
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
- Schneider Electric Africa seeks a Business Development Manager Access to Energy who will drive Schneider Electric’s Access to Energy (A2E) business growth through the implementation of various business models, the establishment of strategic A2E partnerships, promotion, understanding and marketing of the A2E offer and hunting new business opportunities to achieve exceptional sales growth in Anglophone West Africa.
Your Role – Magic happens when you bring great people together!
- Set upup Strategic Access to Energy System Integrator Partnerships across countries in the region to deliver transactional sales.
- Bridge Front Office (BFO) Up to Date with accurate Sales Pipeline report & Sales/Stock forecasting accuracy measured through Bridge Front Office (BFO indicators such as pipeline trust indicator) etc.
- Establish Strategic Relationships with new corporates to promote A2E sales via socio-economic development budgets.
- Hunt and identify new markets and new customers for Access to Energy sales across Western Africa to create a sales pipeline for A2E.
- Engage with Business Unit leaders within Schneider Electric Western Africa to gain collaboration and Business Unit sales support.
- Engage Partner Retail, Specifications & Panel Builders teams to determine opportunities for A2E sales in the retail channel and via prescription and panel builders.
- First point of contact for the design of A2E solutions as per customer requirements, in conjunction with solar BU and other BU’s as and when required.
- Support =S= colleagues within the region with all A2E offer technical queries to promote sales and A2E solutions delivery.
- Lead the establishment of Access to Energy solutions system integrator partners in West Africa that will act as A2E representatives for sales and solutions delivery for large geographical coverage and reach.
- Consistently engage and push sales independently as well as through collaboration and cross-selling through Access to Energy Representatives.
- Prepare bi-weekly reports for sales forecasting and stock management requirements.
- The First point of contact for customer support queries on the A2E offer and liaise with other colleagues such as offer marketing and solar BU colleagues to provide feedback to customers on A2E solutions capabilities.
- Global Supply Chain (GSC) liaison to assist with all GSC transportation requirements across borders to ensure timely delivery to customers. Actively participate in events where the promotion of Access to Energy solutions is required.
- Establish and nurture C-Level relationships in large corporates for the promotion of =S= brand reputation as well as access to energy sales via socio-economic development.
- Ongoing review of the Access to Energy offer versus competitor offer through market research to determine the suitability and understand competitor solutions as well as price comparisons.
- Thorough analysis of competitor offers to align pricing and distinguish offers to increase market share.
- Diligent update of A2E sales pipeline on Bridge Front Office (BFO) to ensure that sales pipeline is up to date at all times to enable sales forecasting.
- Collaborate with all A2E representatives to incorporate feedback into Bridge Front Office (BFO) updates for accurate visibility on sales forecasting and stock management across BUs and across the region
- 5 – 7 years’ advanced sales/commercial experience related to new business development in emerging markets with newly launched offers that are not well established in the market.
- Customer Satisfaction and Service Delivery.
- Ethics and Compliance.
- Advanced Understanding of Sales in Emerging Economies.
- Solar solutions (Basic to Advanced).
- Advanced Sales.
- Networking & Establishing New Relationships.
- Customer Focus & Orientation.
- Computer Literacy (MS Office).
- Verbal and Written Communication.
- Working under Pressure.
- Planning and Organizing.
- Interpersonal Skills.
- Time Management.
- Schneider Electric believes in rewarding and recognizing employees who contribute to the success of the Company.
- Our rewards programs are designed for employees who are aligned to our strategy, engaged and successfully contributing to the organizational goals.
- These philosophies, as well as our desire to care for you and your family, form the basis of our Total Rewards offer.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply