British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN) recruitment for a Digital Marketing Manager
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice - whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Digital Marketing Manager
Seniority Level: Management
Role Positioning and Objectives
- We are looking for an experienced and driven Digital Marketing Manager to join the New Category team of BAT Marketing Nigeria and lead our digital journey and team.
- The individual has to have a proven track record of developing a digital marketing strategy, implementing digital ecosystems and have experience in leading and developing people while working effectively within a high performing and diverse team.
- You’ll need to be experienced, driven, agile, willing to challenge the status quo and effortlessly switch between offering strategic leadership and day to day hands on operational excellence in a fast paced and transforming environment.
- Your knowledge will contribute to shape the digital strategy, steer best practices and create strategies to drive online traffic, conversion and retention.
What You Will Be Accountable For
- Develop, support and lead the short and long-term digital strategy
- Ensure full alignment of digital strategy with identified Business & Marketing objectives
- Establish clear goals and targets for the organization and the team
- Ensure thorough reporting of internal, external and competitors’ digital activities in order to identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance
- Guide and support the entire team with the deployment of the strategy
- Propose and implement approved technological roadmap to support the business strategy.
- Ensure sustainability of the channel from a performance and financial standpoint
- Collaborate with other functions & units to manage overall online presence of the company
- Constantly thrive to develop new touch points and increase the reach of the digital channel, provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Identify and partner with the right agencies, technology suppliers and specialists to increase digital marketing results
- Map portfolio of suppliers with the necessary capabilities to deliver the digital portfolio, according to BAT’s procurement & IT standards.
- Plan, track and report on digital marketing budget aligned with current planning and reporting structure
- Accountable for end to end delivery of the digital portfolio, guaranteeing accomplishment of goals, schedule, cost, resources, quality and alignment with global structures.
- Regular review of agreed digital KPI’s including ROI, suggesting improvements and seizing opportunities.
- Pro-actively share knowledge and expertise, be the source of information and inspiration on latest trends in the digital arena.
- Effectively collaborate, drive accountability with Information and Digital Technology (IDT) Team and play a lead role in Digital cell to deliver digital roadmap. Delivering on Marketing and IDT KPIs.
- Effectively communicate status of the digital portfolio for top teams (i.e. Marketing and IT).
- Engage and motivate the digital marketing team to thrive in a fast pace environment
- Manage performance, development and career of the digital marketing team
- Embed digital marketing as a new channel for the organization
- Lead projects teams and makes sure they stay productive by taking project issues off of their hands (remove blockers and showstopper).
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing and / or Information Technology or related field
- 7 years+ of demonstrable Digital Marketing and/or Digital IT leadership experience in roles of increasing complexity and accountability.
- Strong understanding of key marketing principles: consumer centric and journey, user experience, target audience, media planning, etc.
- Creative, able to work in a matrix fast paced environment and plan/manage time accordingly
- Ability to influence and gain buy in effectively at all levels
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. English a must French an asset.
- Any professional certification in digital technologies (e.g. APIs, Cloud, etc.) and Agile Project Management (e.g. SCRUM, PMI, etc.) are desired.
- Demonstrable experience in designing & implementing direct to consumer digital marketing strategy including; e-commerce, database acquisition and management, CRM activation, content development, SEO, social media activation and digital paid media. As well as Mobile, eCommerce, Social, Web and UX technologies expertise
- Previous experience in consumer goods or retail industries or digital agency is preferred
- Managing suppliers and agencies and getting the best from them
Competitive salary package + excellent benefits + market leading bonus
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply