ATM Custodian at Stanbic IBTC Bank (South East / South South)
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: ATM Custodian
Job ID: 60119
Job Sector: Banking
Work Arrangement: Fully Office Based
- Ensure the availability of a fully functional Automated Teller Machine (ATM) service to customers including the custody and balancing of ATM cash, processing of ATM deposits and handling of ATM computer reports.
- Ensure that laid-down instructions for handling and movement of treasury cash to and from tellers SBV are adhered to
- Ensure that swept deposits are correctly handled appropriately
- Ensure that all irregular items have been actioned before the end of the day
- Understand and manage the risks associated with the custody of ATM’s as well as the changes in the custody of assets through an effective system of controls
- Ensure that current stock of blank forms received is recorded and signed for according to laid-down procedures
- Ensure that record keeping is carried out according to laid-down instructions for treasury cash, blank forms and safe custody items
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
Monitoring of Cash Holdings:
- Ensure that cash does not exceed prescribed limits
- Ensure that sufficient cash levels are maintained to meet normal customer requirements.
- Ensure all ATM channels uptime do not fall below the prescribed ATM %uptime
- Ensure that potential faults that could cause equipment to malfunction are identified and resolved on time
- Ensure that all ATM terminals are kept clean and maintained in good condition
- Ensure that Auto Bank and Auto Cash terminals are always adequately stoked with cash and stationery
- Maintain close liaison with Auto Bank Control Centre to ensure that equipment problems are dealt with promptly
- Control ATM cash according to laid-down instructions
- Balance cash at the required intervals
- Report and action differences in ATM cash promptly
- Ensure that ATM cash is safeguarded against unnecessary and preventable loss.
- Action ATM reports as listed on the Duty List promptly Reconcile ATM cash daily
- Action Care Suspects accurately and on time, resulting in reduced operating losses.
- In terms of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act No 37 of 2002, no staff member is permitted to provide any advice or intermediary service to a customer, in terms of a financial product, as determined by the Act, unless they have been appointed as a Representative of a licensed Financial Services Provider
- In your current position you are not an accredited representative in terms of the Act, and are therefore prohibited from giving any advice or intermediary service to a customer in terms of a financial product, as determined by the Act
- Draw on experience of branch cash requirements and cyclical impacts on cash resources to plan for fluctuating cash demands and optimize cash holdings
- Sound recall of procedures and previous experiences, in order to recognize the appropriate solution to each situation
- Resourceful, finding practical ways to efficiently deal with voluminous workloads, and remain focused on priority issues
- Plan and execute regular maintenance requirements for ATM terminals, and deal with day to day unexpected interruptions to service in order to maximise productivity
- Ability to attend to customer queries timeously is required
- Planning is generally on a daily to weekly basis within regular activity cycles
- Understand the impact of ATM services provided, the interrelatedness of the services
- Provided to branch staff, and the impact on customers.
- Work within set policy, procedures, system parameters and internal controls.
- Able to Respect authority and take instructions.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- Candidates should possess a First Degree in Finance and Accounting or a First Degree in General Social Science or a First Degree in Business Commerce
- MBA, ACCA, ACA, CIBN.
- Candidates should have 1-2 Years work experience.
Experience Description (Branch Operations & Customer Service and Sales):
- Managing risk, bank asset, Ensure that ATM cash is safeguarded against unnecessary and preventable loss.
- Provide excellent service to customers.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply