Ogeyi Place Hotels Limited is a leading 5-star international luxury hotel strategically located in the city of Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounts Receivable Officer
Port Harcourt, Rivers
Reports To: Chief Accountant
- Accounts receivable workers are responsible for ensuring all incoming payments are received and processed.
- This role requires individuals to keep a precise record of all incoming payments and to make contact with clients to ensure outstanding invoices are paid.
- Maintain precise records of all incoming payments
- Prepare and send invoices to clients
- Contact clients as needed to ensure payment of outstanding invoices
- Reconcile any irregularities in receipts
- Work collaboratively with accounts payable and other accounting staff to ensure accuracy in finances
- Audit all receipts on a determined schedule to ensure accuracy in the accounting
- Generate and deliver reports to different departments as needed
- Actively investigate and resolve irregularities in both incoming and outgoing payments
- Perform Accounts Receivable tasks including cheque collection, invoicing and Waybills, journal entries, account reconciliations, and customer queries
- Develop, implement, Sort and organize data, updating customer records, accurately facilitating transactions and adjustments
- Posting and ensuring that all sales transactions are correctly entered in the accounting system
- Ensure that related sales contracts/documentation is properly filed and saved electronically.
- Initiate adequate follow-up with customers and fellow employees in a timely manner
- Monitor and Manage Inventory and stock Ledger Maintenance
Key Performance Indicators:
- Positive attitude
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Timeliness in responding to requests
- Ability to see all work orders through to completion
- B.Sc or HND in Finance / Accounting, Economics or Business Administration
- A Certified Public Accounting title may be preferred
- 3-4 years experience in entry-level positions
- Experience From banking or any big retail experience and educated person
- Not more than 30 – 35years
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or another related field may be necessary
- Familiarity with industry-standard accounting software, such as Quicken or QuickBooks
- Working knowledge of database and spreadsheet software, such as MySQL and Excel
- Relevant experience using modern communication systems, including email and phone systems
- Expert-level experience using productivity tools, such as Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong communication skills and the ability to handle potential tense interactions with clients
- A desire and ability to work collaboratively with others to accomplish daily goals
- Ability to use SAGE ERP software is an added advantage
- Relevant Experience in Account receivable Role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite especially in Excel
- Good knowledge and understanding of accounting best practices
- The ability to communicate articulately and efficiently with other people within the company
- An ability to prioritize and manage expectation
- A keen eye for detail
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a multi-disciplined team
- Time management, attendance, independence, problem-solving, dealing with Requirements
- Be Innovative, creative, hardworking, resilient, and self-motivated.
Deadline: 16th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.