Account Executive at Rainoil Limited
Rainoil Limited is an integrated downstream oil and gas company, a prominent player in the Nigerian industry. The company’s operations span across the downstream value chain i.e. Petroleum Product Storage, Haulage / Distribution, and Retail Sales.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Account Executive
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Account Executive is responsible for preparing financial reports and maintaining all records relating to assets, liabilities, revenue, and expenditure, payments, verifying accounts payable and receivable, and other financial activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Handles all general accounting tasks, including reconciling and maintaining balance sheet accounts and general ledger administration (by updating the accounting application with transactions as they occur), preparing journal entries, preparing monthly closing and financial reports, and bank reconciliation.
- Validation of transactions and verification of their impact on the accounts
- Ensure timely and accurate periodic closure of accounts (monthly/yearly), and submission of reports to the Finance Manager as per reporting timelines.
- Prepare and coordinate Financial Audit.
- Ensure timely and effective follow-up of all audit observations and recommendations.
- Computes and remits various deductibles e.g., Pension funds, PAYE
- Prepares periodic financial reports and other financial documents as required
- Proper and complete documentation and filing/storing for easy retrieval of all accounting-related documents.
- Evaluating internal control systems and providing necessary suggestions
- Ensure accounts receivable and payable activities (especially with depots and commercial sales) are performed accurately and timely.
- Documents and updates record of all fixed assets to ensure assets are correctly valued accounted for, and safeguarded
- Computes direct expenses as well as proper booking of all expenses
- Identify and resolve invoicing issues, accounting discrepancies, and other financial-related issues.
- Perform other duties as required by the Head, financial accounts, and the Direct Supervisor.
- Completion of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or any related discipline( minimum of 2:1)
- Relevant professional certification e.g. Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA) is an advantage
- Minimum of 1 year work experience in the Finance/ Treasury/ Accounts function in a similar organization.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 27th July, 2022.