National Action Committee (NAC) for Implementation of African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) invites applications for the position below:
Job Title: Trade Economist
Ref Code: NAC / AfCFTA / TE
- The Trade Economist shall be responsible for identifying, defining, planning, executing an interpreting the results of research and studies to evaluate the implications of the proposed readiness interventions on key socio-economic policies as well as their direct and multiplier effects on citizens, industry sectors and the macroeconomics.
Skills and Competencies Requirements
- Ability to design, commission and manage evaluations including rigorous impact evaluations, with appropriate technical support
- Understanding economic approaches to project appraisal and evaluation, including different ways of measuring efficiency, equity and impact
- Skill in Collating, analysing and presenting evidence/research using statistical and wider analytical skills
- Self-confidence, commercial awareness, good interpersonal skills and the ability to cope with pressure
- Analytical skills, communication skills and ability to explain complex ideas
- Able to design, manage and lead clearly defined projects, policy issues and technical processes with limited levels of risk and complexity
- Understanding data sources and econometric techniques including; Regression analysis and Random Controlled Trials.
- Excellent knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and ley metrics
- Outstanding knowledge of data analysis, reporting and budgeting
- Ability to develop and implement operations, policies, and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to solve operational issues; coordinate and work with multi-disciplinary teams; deal with complex priorities & issues and maintain effective working relationships
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative discipline (preferably in Economics, or Statistics), Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in this role preferably in a public sector program or management consulting
Application Closing Date
27th March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a copy of their CV to: [email protected] using the reference code of the position as the title of the mail. Also, these details must be clearly stated in the body of the mail:
- Years of relevant experience.
- Professional qualifications attained.
- Highest level of education attained.