Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE), a women-led, faith-based Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) is seeking job applications from qualified candidates to fill in the position of Human Resource Associate. WEWE’s core ideology is to be one of the most financially compliant and clean NGOs in Nigeria and Africa and we want to improve the lives of millions of widows and orphans in Nigeria and Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead / Manager - WEWE SCALE Project
The successful candidate will be based in Abuja (but will be willing and fit to travel across Nigeria at short notice)
Job Category: Resource mobilization
Reports to: SCALE Project Director / Executive Director
- WEWE, a women-led, faith-based non-governmental organization (NGO), is seeking applications from qualified candidates to fill in the positions of Team Leader/Manager for its USAID funded subaward ‘Strengthening Civic Advocacy and Local Engagement (SCALE).’
- WEWE wishes to recruit a talented and God-fearing Team Leader/Manager who believes in local organizations, that not all Nigerians are corrupt but instead believes in the ingenuity of the Nigerian and that the best of the Nigerian can be better than the rest. Someone who shares these ideologies of working together as a team to be the most financially compliant organization in Nigeria and Africa and who see helping vulnerable populations such as widows and orphans as a calling from Almighty God
- WEWE is currently a resource partner to Palladium International LLC on the USAID-funded SCALE project, and WEWE would like to fill the position of Team leader/Manager for the WEWE-SCALE project.
- WEWE’s scope of work and roles as resource partner is to conduct an organizational capacity assessment using Organizational capacity assessment tools (OCAT) and the Organizational Performance Index tool, Capacity Development Plans for Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), and or Business Membership Organizations (BMOs).
- The Team Leader / Manager will be based in Abuja and be responsible for the overall technical and administrative oversight of the WEWE SCALE project.
- Provide technical direction and oversight to the capacity development of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs)/Business Member Organizations (BMOs).
- Lead in the Organizational Capacity Assessment (OCA) of CSOs/BMOs
- Oversee the design and implementation of organizational capacity and needs assessments for CSOs and other capacity development service providers.
- Develop an overall capacity-building strategy that will sustain and strengthen CSOs/BMOs and capacity development service providers.
- Provide technical assistance to CSOs/BMOs to strengthen their organizational capacity.
- Design methods of facilitating access among ng CSOs/BMOs to capacity building service providers.
- Oversee implementation of training/Mentoring/Coaching on the different components provided to CSOs/BMOs.
- Together with the local Project director and Palladium, designing training and other capacity-building initiatives to engage CSOs/BMOs.
- Supervise the SCALE team and several CSOs/BMOs
- Lead in writing performance reports for Palladium on a monthly and quarterly basis and other program deliverables.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- Master’s Degree or its equivalent in a relevant field (Ph.D. in a relevant field is an added advantage)
- Minimum of Eight (8) years experience in Organizational Development duties
- Demonstrated experience establishing and managing procedures and systems to provide capacity development services.
- Evidence of conducting organizational capacity assessments for local CSOs
- Evidence of developing capacity development plans
- Must have experience in leading teams, teamwork, and team building.
- Must have strong skills in report writing, editing reports, and preparing presentations using PREZI and or Professional PowerPoint
- Must have supervisory skills, i.e., the ability to supervise a team of a minimum of 7 subject matter experts
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Organizational development (Knowledge of OPI is an asset).
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation practices, methods, tools, and guidelines
- Data management and analysis skills
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal skills and ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work independently and resolve complex technical issues, identify root cause, and recommend solutions to help resolve incidents quickly
- Ability to multi-task and complete multiple parallel assignments while working in an ever-changing environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office especially Access and Excel
- Team player with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Be willing to travel across Nigeria at short notice.
Application Closing Date
19th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applicant’s Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter should be in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the position.
- Please indicate the title of the position applied for in the subject line of the email.
- Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails / mobile phone numbers on the Application Letter as well as three professional references.
- Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.