Lagos Business School is committed to creating and transmitting management and business knowledge based on a Christian conception of the human person and of economic activity relevant to Nigeria and Africa at large. We strive to be a world class business school which will have a significant impact on the practice of management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Assistant
Sangotedo Ajah, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Purpose of Position
- Assist in the compilation, analysis and writing up of data and materials for research and its publication (articles, chapters, books, reviews, etc.). Assist in data gathering, compilation and development of case studies. Provide support to faculty’s work (research and administrative support).
Essential Duties/Key Job Roles And Responsibilities
Include but not limited to the following:
- Carry out research with faculty (source for and gather data, review literature, analyze data, etc.).
- Conduct preliminary studies and other fact finding assignments to facilitate research activities.
- Write up, read up, and review research constantly
- Seek out industry contacts for technical data and cases studies.
- Liaise with industry managers for business data verification.
- Interview firms to extract information for case studies, books, etc.
- Develop and present complex reports on assigned tasks.
- Develop self to enhance professional growth and quality of work.
- Any other relevant responsibility assigned by faculty and line manager from time to time.
- Good first degree
- Professional Qualification- Masters or research degree is an added advantage.
- Experience in data collation/analysis in a medium or large scale organization or research institution.
- Good quantitative and qualitative research methodology and data analysis skills
- Good computer skills (including mastery of Microsoft Office)
- Excellent time management skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure
- Proficiency in use of SPSS, LISREL, STATA, NVivo, or other data analysis packages, etc.
- Transcribing skills
- Data gathering skills (archival, field, etc.)
- Knowledge of proofreading and referencing
- Humility and tenacity
Application Closing Date
13th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online