Sunmei International, a hotel chain franchise group, originated in China in 2010 and started its business operation in Africa in 2018 has the goal of becoming the largest hotel management group in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Purchasing Manager
- Implement sound purchasing policies, systems and procedures in accordance with Company standards.
- Monitor vendors for quality, service and price through standard purchasing specifications.
- Ensures & verifies that quotations are regularly updated and supplier’s new current price lists are maintained.
- Ensure the efficient operation of the Purchasing Department in all aspects.
- Research and identify new products and services for the hotel in the market.
- Obtains written approval for established Minimum / Maximum stock levels by the financial controller and general manager.
- Checks, explain if needed and approves delivered items discrepancy report issued by cost control regarding price and quantity order variances.
- Approves all additional requests for new storeroom items, checking correct item description, unit, packing, category and establishes Min/Max estimated stock levels.
- Verify the ‘pending orders’ report on a daily basis, and all pending orders are checked and verified regularly.
- On a daily basis prepare the list of to be cancelled orders and sent to accounts for deletion, with appropriate reasons.
- Obtain competitive quotations for hotel requirements and ensure that the best product is sourced and purchased.
- Calls for quotations for any items costing more than a certain amount (As per company policy) and inquire into prices from various suppliers.
- Establish contracts to ensure reduced pricing for all operating areas of the hotel.
- Receives market on a daily basis and arranges for delivery of those items daily.
- Ensures that all orders receiving dates are updated according to the suppliers promised delivery dates.
- Ensures that all authorized or approved purchase orders are sent to their respective suppliers / vendors for delivery purposes on a daily basis.
- Ensures validity of items available, force issue obsolete items and follows up on action taken for disposal.
- Verifies that all documentation and proper quotations are maintained and filed according to Policy and Procedure requirements.
- Approves all storeroom re-order requests, verifying quantities within the established Min / Max stock levels.
- Responsible for all administrative functions of the Materials Department, staffing, training and execution of other related duties.
- Responsible for all purchasing functions, quotations, quality and availability.
- Responsible for physical control of all store items until issued, fully documented under strict control procedures (key control, timing schedule, authorized issue requests).
- Responsible for maintaining logical storeroom inventory levels operationally needed.
- Keeps all records in a way that they can be checked at any time for information or audit purposes.
- Maintains all documents, files and listings up-to-date and performs his duties in the most efficient manner.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
- Graduate or diploma in Business Studies or MBA or purchasing and supply. With good knowledge of MS office suite and Materials management software (MMS)
- Previous Min 4 years experience as Asst. Purchase manager 4 years with expertise in the Hotel and Catering industry.
- Ability to Work Under Pressure Result Oriented High Executive Power Very passionate about working as Purchasing Manager
- Strong negotiating and closing skills required, along with a demonstrated ability to develop negotiation strategies for complex activities.
- Ability to evaluate legal and business risks and ramifications of proposed contractual terms. Consistently offer professional, engaging and friendly service.
Remuneration / Benefit
Highly Competitive Compensation and Benefit Package, Opportunity for Growth and Personal Development.
Deadline: 20th January 2020.