Seefar Nigeria - We are a social enterprise with a mission to work with vulnerable people to build a better future. We specialise in justice, migration and social inclusion. Our expertise is in strategic communications, counselling, consulting, monitoring and evaluation, and research. We work in East Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, East Africa, North Africa, the Sahel and Europe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
Job Identification Number: 22020132
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are seeking an experienced Project Manager, with complete fluency in English, for a 3 year programme in Nigeria.
- You will have demonstrated project management experience in Nigeria and West Africa; have thematic experience and a strong interest in labour migration, recruitment and livelihoods; enjoy working in a high performing team from multiple countries; be someone donors trust; and are results focused.
- You must be based in Nigeria and may have the opportunity to travel (COVID-19 and security dependent).
- The role requires someone with five years professional experience in managing teams and implementing projects and who is smart, intrinsically motivated, worldly, interested in hard challenges and is highly flexible and efficient.
- The role will require English language fluency.
The following are the primary responsibilities of the role, with estimated allocations of time and attention:
Deliver: Project and Mission Implementation:
Approximately 80% of your time and attention:
Delivering project outputs, including:
- Facilitating the training of 1,000 individuals in Seefar’s Confidence in Action Training.
- Placing and preparing 3,000 Nigerian workers for ethical labor opportunities beyond the region.
- Providing advice and support to 100 businesses that employ labour migrants in the region.
- Providing livelihoods training to individuals seeking alternatives to migration.
- Recruiting, training, supervising and developing a project team to deliver project outputs.
- Fulfilling the role of project manager using our internal project systems and processes.
- Project development and reporting.
- Coordinating projects and personnel within the program and across the organisation.
- Ensure donors’ needs are met and expectations exceeded where possible.
- Other tasks as directed.
Develop: Capabilities and Program Portfolio:
Approximately 10% of your time and attention:
- Develop project teams. For example, this would include mentoring teams and leading recruitment.
- Learning, growing and developing professionally and personally.
- Strengthen the Enterprise’s reputation and profile in our areas of expertise.
Direct: Global Management:
- Represent and demonstrate the Enterprise’s values.
Approximately 10% of your time and attention:
- Cooperate with other areas of Seefar, including to communicate substantive and administrative information that supports corporate management overall. For example, this would include ensuring effective internal reporting at the project and program level.
Working with Seefar:
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as positive features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- The Enterprise combines entrepreneurialism with a focus on social impact.
- You work with highly diverse people and across a diversity of contexts.
- There is a high level of trust that supports you to work autonomously.
- The people in the Enterprise encourage innovation and experimentation.
- Achieving results is prioritised over rigid structures and workflows.
- You are never bored and always challenged.
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as negative features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- Collaborating with geographically dispersed teams requires flexibility and patience.
- Working remotely can make you feel isolated and so requires you to invest time in communication.
- Travel schedules can sometimes be heavy.
- A high-growth phase means problem-solving as the Enterprise’s systems evolve quickly.
- It can be fast paced so you need to be productive and able to prioritise effectively.
An Excellent Candidate
Minimum requirements are as follows:
- An Undergraduate Degree
- 5 years experience implementing recruitment or livelihood projects, or in the field of labour migration
- Strong and demonstrable project management skills
- Complete fluency in written and spoken English. Your writing skills are excellent and you are confident in engaging with donors and stakeholders to ensure projects align with donor expectations.
- Applicants must be highly organised, have the ability to prioritise and are highly productive.
- You are naturally responsive and are client focused, while also able to work autonomously.
- You are motivated by an Enterprise performance framework focused on social impact.
USD3,500 - USD4,000 Monthly (depending on experience).
Application Closing Date
24th July 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Before starting the application, applicants should do the following:
Confirm they meet these minimum requirements:
- Complete fluency in oral and written English, including clear and succinct writing skills.
- An Undergraduate Degree.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- 5 years experience implementing labour migration, recruitment and livelihoods projects, preferably in developing or conflict affected countries.
- Prepare a CV in Word or PDF format. You will upload this in our online application form.
In Word or PDF format, prepare an introductory letter that includes only the points below. You will upload this in our online application form.
- 1 - 2 paragraphs explaining a related project you have implemented. What was the project? What was your role? What were the project’s achievements? If it wasn’t successful, why?
- 1 - 2 paragraphs explaining what you have learned is a necessary attitude or approach when delivering successful projects in developing and conflict affected countries. What experiences taught you this?
Note: Candidates who do not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered for this position.