Project Accounts Officer at Michael Stevens Consulting
Michael Stevens Consulting – Our client, a leading EPC concern requires for immediate employment a qualified candidate for the position of:
Job Title: Project Accounts Officer
- This position is fully responsible for the project billing process, including responding to client inquiries, verifying employee’s chargeable time; in accordance with the established accounting standards and billing policy.
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers (PM) and Principals-in-Charge (PIC), regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing.
- Prepare final invoice package containing draft and final invoices for all billable projects, including all applicable backup for approval by the Accounting Supervisor.
- Mail final invoices file consultant and client invoice copies in the billing folder.
- Assess and pursue opportunities for maximization of client billing; communicate with the Accounting Supervisor, as to your observations and actions taken.
- Research any unbilled issues to optimize the billing possibilities for the billing period.
- Maintain the billing folders for all projects, with all the appropriate documents, including expenses, consultant invoices, and monthly invoices, in accordance with standard procedures.
- Provide the accounts payables team member with advice on client billing, relative to consultant invoicing and reimbursable expenses. It is expected that the Biller maintain a continuous line of communication to clear any open issues.
- Work with the cash receipts team member to reconcile variances that occur in the application of cash.
- Generate and distribute bi-monthly receivables reports and monthly profitability reports.
- Set up new projects, make transfers of employee billable hours and/or expenses, and open and close time classes in company system.
- Write off any uncollectible receivables, labor or expenses, as directed by the PIC.
- Review weekly time sheets, along with the accounting group.
- Monthly analyze the P & L accounts monthly, as assigned by the Accounting Supervisor.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconcilements, as directed by the Accounting Supervisor.
- Recommend and implement agreed process improvements to the billing cycle.
- Prepare local property and business tax returns.
- Provide year-end support of auditor requirements, which may include research and reconcilement.
- Perform additional assignments, as directed by the Accounting Supervisor.
- Communicate and coordinate with the local offices.
- OND Accounting.
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy, including experience in word processing, spreadsheets and accounting software.
- At least 5 years of billing and receivables in an EPC environment
- Knowledge of Vision 5.1 Software or other accounting platform, a plus.
- A thorough knowledge of standard contract terms, including hourly, lumps sum, not-to-exceed and how they are applied in the billing process.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
- Employ problem-solving skills and analysis, and report problems to the Accounting Services Manager, as necessary.
- Strong service orientation.
- Knowledge of the project structure in a client/consultant business environment.