We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (PMEL) Officer
- The Solidaridad Nigeria Country Program, seeks to recruit a highly qualified and motivated Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Officer. The position would be basei initially in Abuja and later in one of the towns/cities in the oil palm belt in Nigeria.
- The incumbent will be responsible for data collection, analysis, and tracking project performance as well reporting for several projects.
- He/she will also ensure quality implementation throughout project cycle. In addition, he/she will support the country office in the actualization of their strategic plans aligned to the vision of Solidaridad.
Planning and Design:
- Design the monitoring and evaluation tools and forms for the project.
- Participate in project planning process including Project, Resource, Financial, Quality, Risk and Reporting plans.
- Oversee monitoring and evaluation data collection activities, including logistics of form distribution and collection.
- Monitor the Performance Management Plans (PMP) for the project and provide key information to management for planning/decision making.
- Participate in the design, data collection and analysis of surveys and routine data.
- Facilitate utilization of data for decision making and documentation of best practices/lessons learnt.
- Participate in the development of the evaluation design, tools, protocols and procedures for the project.
- Generate reports in compliance with the organizations and donor procedures and agreements in the award.
- In accordance with donor requirements, create or maintain procedures for capturing and publishing monthly, quarterly and annual project technical reports.
- Review and provide feedback to reports by affiliates.
- Identify opportunities for operations research during implementation.
- Prepare the M&E reports for submission to the Project Managers and PMEL Coordinator.
- Ensure data quality through conducting quarterly DQA’RDQA and reporting
- Take part in resource mobilization through participation in proposal development with other program staff.
- Design, implement and evaluate projects with an aspect of resource mobilization.
- Advanced University Degree in Social Sciences, Agricultural Economics, Project Management, or relevant subject, preferably with specialization in research, monitoring and evaluation
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in the implementation of international development programs, including substantial experience in monitoring and evaluation, data collection analysis and management, quantitative and qualitative research;
- Experience with the DCED standard and private sector development is a plus;
- Experience in working with policy makers, researchers, consultants and knowledge brokers in International Cooperation:
- Experience in using data analyses tools (SPSS, Stata or similar tools)
- Experience in technical report writing and research activities
- Capable of working in a dynamic, intercultural, multi stakeholder setting;
- Able to travel extensively within the country;
- Excellent communication skills with ability to produce professional reports in English language.
25th March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application with updated Resume to: email@example.com indicating the position in the subject of the email.
Note: High priority would be given to qualified female applicants. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.