The Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) through the Ministry of Budget and National Planning, plans to recruit qualified candidates for the services of:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
The Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has received a Loan from the African Development Fund to finance the Institutional Support for Economic Management and Delivery Project (ISEMDP). The Ministry of Budget and National Planning, the International Economic Relations Department of the Federal Ministry of Finance, and the Bureau of Public Procurement, each being responsible for their respective component under the Project, in line with their statutory mandates shall be the implementing Agencies for the Project.
The principal objective of this Project is to strengthen economic and financial governance for achieving a stable macroeconomic environment, inclusive and sustained growth, and effective implementation and delivery of the national development plan. The specific objective of the Project is to develop institutional capacity in macroeconomic management, revenue mobilization, procurement, monitoring and evaluation, and performance and portfolio management and delivery.
The Project has four mutually reinforcing components: (a) enhancing economic management, (b) enhancing performance management and delivery, (c) strengthening domestic revenue mobilization and effectiveness in public procurement, and (d) project management support.
For effective management of this Project, a Project Steering Committee (PSC), Project Implementation Teams (PITs) within the various Components, and a Project Management Unit (PMU) will be set up. The PSC will be responsible for strategic oversight and policy guidance and monitoring portfolio performance. The PITs, to be appointed for each project component and/or subcomponents, will spearhead the day-to-day implementation of their respective Project activities in collaboration with the PMU. The PMU will coordinate project implementation services including manage procurement and financial management processes. and act as a secretariat to the PSC.
- His/Her role is to support data collection, analysis, and learning activities to help ensure accountability and efficiency from the start to finish of the project.
- The M&E Specialist will provide technical leadership to develop the project framework, plans and indicators to capture project performance results and provide effective, accurate and timely monitoring, evaluation and reporting of all project activities.
- The M&E Specialist will work closely with the Project Implementation Teams (PIT) to design, implement and supervise the project’s monitoring and evaluation activities, ensuring that lessons learned are integrated into project implementation to continuously improve quality of interventions and outcomes.
- Under the supervision of the Head of the Project Management Unit, the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will facilitate the collection of quality data in order to produce monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports.
- The reports will follow up on project expenses and indicators. The M&E Specialist will also be responsible for documenting end disseminating project successes and challenges to the Key Project Stakeholders.
Education and Experience:
- Postgraduate Degree in a development field, Social Science, Economics, or relevant discipline.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible professional experience in a performance monitoring and/or evaluation role with an international development organization.
- Specialized courses monitoring and evaluation, management, and various specialized databases and computer programs.
- Demonstrated ability in data analysis, project design, monitoring and evaluation of development activities.
- Experience developing results frameworks, logical frameworks, or similar tools for project design is required.
- Experience developing and/or using performance management plans or similar tools is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in monitoring and evaluating programs including indicator development, study design, and data analysis – in multiple sectors.
- Experience using knowledge management software or database is highly desired. Experience managing grants or contracts is also highly desired.
Desired skills and abilities:
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to summarize disparate information in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent research and data collection methodology skills
- Ability to create organizational work plans based on higher-level goals.
- Ability to lead and coordinate multiple offices through multiple step processes without being a direct supervisor (although appropriate authority will be given)
- Ability to apply Agency regulations and procedures to daily work requirements
- Excellent computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet programs and data base management.
- Demonstrated sound understanding of the challenges in public procurement and project development projects funded by Development Partners.
- Establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Banks “Procurement Framework for Bank Group Funded Operations”, dated October 2015. which is available on the Bands website at http://www.afdb.org
The assignment which is expected to commence in May/June2019, will be for a period of 36 months, subject to good performance assessed annually.
Application Closing Date
16:00 hours; 10th May, 2019.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates/consultants should send their Expressions of Interests, enclosed with detailed Curriculum Vitae, Copies of relevant certificates and names and contact details of three traceable referees to the address below:
The Permanent Secretary,
Federal Ministry of Budget and National Planning,
C310310 Adekunle Fajuyi Street,
Central Business District,
Abuja, FCT, Nigeria.
Attention : Director, Macroeconomics Analysis Department
All submission of the hard copy should be accompanied by full electronic submission of the application and accompanying materials to be mailed as attachment in PDF to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Using the Job Title as the subject of the mail e.g – “Application for the Post of ISEMDP Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist”.
- Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address above during office hours from Monday to Friday, between 08.00 a.m to 5.00 p.m.
- Only shortlisted applicants will he acknowledged.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com