We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maths Content and Training Associate
- Teaching at the Right Level (TaRL) Africa seeks a Maths Content and Training Associate to support the growth of TaRL in Nigeria.
- This role provides an excellent opportunity to improve the learning outcomes of primary school children in Nigeria and to be part of a leading evidence-based initiative tackling the learning crisis in Africa.
- The position will likely be based in Kano and requires frequent travel within Nigeria, as well as flexibility to support policy outreach, scoping research and training events.
Become an expert in TaRL instruction and support:
- Work with TaRL Africa team to develop a deep understanding of the TaRL approach and learn techniques for providing instructional support
- Practice the TaRL methodology in the classroom to build practical skillset.
Support the development of TaRL content for Mathematics:
- Design and manage teaching and learning resources
- Track and document innovative teaching practices across the programme.
Build the capacity of TaRL instructors and mentors:
- Support teachers and mentors to deliver effective maths instruction, including support with lesson planning and producing tailored teaching and learning resources
- Coach teachers and mentors on effective classroom practices
- Design, organise and support/lead TaRL training/workshops.
- Bachelors degree in Mathematics, Mathematics Education, Education or a related field; a PGDE and/or Masters degree preferred
- A minimum of four years experience working within the education space
- Working knowledge of local curriculum, textbook analysis, instructional practices and assessment tools preferred
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Experience working in Northern Nigeria
- Strong preference for Kano State resident
Language skills: Hausa.
16th June, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note : Shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a writing assessment, followed by an interview process. Due to the large volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to short-listed applicants.