The organisation seeks to recruit a suitably qualified candidate to be part of the management team of the organization in the position below:
Job Title: Managing Director
Location: Northern Nigeria
- The Managing Director (MD) who is also the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) reports to the Board of Trustees and the Advisory Council
- S/he is responsible for overseeing the administration, programmes, and strategic plans of the Foundation.
- Responsible for the day-to-day running of the Foundation
- Provide strategic leadership and ensure the realization of the mission and vision of the Foundation.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board of Trustees and the Advisory Council, providing on time, all information necessary for these organs to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Direct and supervise the activities of staff and consultants
- Implement Foundation policies and procedures.
- Liaise with relevant governmental fora and secretariats
- Responsible for fund raising, programme development, and administration.
- Allowing for the optimal use of organizational finances, staff, and resources in furtherance of Foundation's objectives.
- Provide financial leadership by managing budgets, ensuring integrity, fiscal responsibility and monitoring long-term strategic fiscal plans.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations, including government officials, private sector donor agencies, civil society groups, and to increase the overall visibility of the Foundation within and outside the country.
- Serve as Foundations primary spokesperson to its key stakeholders, the media and the general public.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Board of Trustees and the Advisory Council.
- In-depth knowledge in his/her area(s) of focus and graduate training and experience as a researcher or policy professional, with a strong grasp of empirical research and theoretical literature
- Minimum of a Master's Degree is required; a Ph.D is desirable, but not required
- 10+ years of relevant experience as Managing Director or senior management position
- A deep understanding, based on “on the ground” experience, of the substance, economy, politics, and dynamics of northern Nigeria.
- Demnostrated knowledge of, appreciation for, and experience with the complex economic, political, and social cross-pressures associated with the pursuit of policy-related goals in relevant programme areas – including thorough knowledge of key thought leaders and organizations – is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required, including the ability to write publications, speeches, and other public presentations.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Strong interpersonal skills (working with youths, the elderly, public servants, security agencies, religious and traditional institutions) and a proven ability to function as part of a team, as characterized by successful experience as a team leader, supervisor, colleague, and manager.
- Must be self-confident, have strong diplomatic skills and a collegial approach to work, and demonstrate high professional standards and good judgment.
- Able to travel extensively
- Conversant with the workings of non-governmental organisations
- Ready to work at odd hours or days, including holidays
- Motivating team and staff, able to mentor and lead.
- Good knowledge of Procurement due process and a good understanding of financial records and management
- Able to analyse problems and strategize for better solutions.
- Demonstrate a strong ethical and integrity standard.
- This position is tenured for four years in the first instance and renewable for another final four years subject to performance and discretion of the Board of Trustees.
4.00pm, 27th September, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are to upload scanned copies of all relevant documents, including a written Application, a detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of academic and where applicable, professional credentials, record of employment, and names and addresses of three referees with telephone numbers by email to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.