Bradfield Consulting Limited is a professional service firm created to provide human resource solutions for organizations of any size. Our goal is to help our esteemed clients eliminate issues bordering on having incompatible or inexperienced employees. Our partnership begins from attracting the right employees, settling them well at work and ensuring that they are equipped to deliver on your goals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Associate
Employment Type: Full-time
- Provide support to direct reports, by coordinating with the clients to schedule and represent the firm at Board and annual General Meetings, and conferences calls;
- Generate required reports in preparation for client meetings, and arrange for execution of such documentation by the directors and shareholders as may be required;
- Conducting a regular legal compliance audit on the company and rendering returns with the Corporate Affairs Commission, Securities and Exchange Commission amongst other as may be required from time to time.
Drafting and Review of Legal Documents:
- Assist the senior associate in handling with appreciable skill, the drafting and review of contracts and other legal documentation including letters, memoranda, reports, internal notes etc.; Assist with the review and negotiation of commercial contracts.
- Provide support to direct reports, to conduct meetings, negotiations and discussions on legal transactions, disputes, regulatory and compliance issues; understanding the issues involved and preparing detailed reports;
- Taking an active part in the meetings of the clients, understanding the issues and proffering a possible way of action to deal with the instructions of the client;
- Preparing client meeting notes and sharing with the appropriate parties.
- Assist the senior associate in handling with appreciable skill, all administrative responsibilities
- Updating and keeping a track of the important legal documents covering a wide range of clients, so that it is made available to the senior associate whenever there is a requirement.
- Performing other sundry tasks like scanning the legal documents, preparation of bills that need to be issued to the clients, retrieving the necessary supporting legal documents, maintaining the corporate database, computing the penalties;
- Starting work-flows and digitally archiving documents pertaining to the department, according to internal procedures and instructions.
Research and Legal Advice:
- Assist the senior associate in conducting with appreciable skill, required legal research, and gathering all the data and information that is relevant to the instructions;
- Offering advice on the law, legal procedures and on simple to complex legal issues. Studying and identifying the laws that are applicable to the instructions;
- Preparation and drafting of various legal opinions, drafts, and other relevant legal material and reports
- Assisting the other groups/departments of the firm, with reviewing any legal issues arising in their day-by-day activities, and drafting, where required, corporate documentation.
- Timely reporting to the client, any significant variation in the applicable legal framework, which may affect the Company's operations.
- Preparing periodical reports required by the client on any subject falling within the competence of the corporate practice group, including without limitation compliance reports, newsletters etc.
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) and Call to the Nigerian Bar (BL) minimum
- Master of Laws (LLM) optional.
- 3-5years post call to bar exeperience in IT/ Intellectual property, Data Protection, FinTech
- Proven experience as a corporate and corporate lawyer
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.