Join RTI International Now
RTI International is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 5,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
We hereby invite applications from highly resourceful, motivated and experienced professionals to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Grants Manager
- RTI International in collaboration with Plan International and other partners are implementing a 4-year USAID funded Effective Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (E-WASH) program.
- E-WASH will provide technical assistance to and will work in collaboration with state governments to improve urban water service delivery by strengthening the governance, financial, and technical viability of six (6) state water boards (SWBs) in Nigeria.
- The overall goal is improvement of urban water and sanitation service delivery.
- Under the supervision of the Deputy Chief of Party, the Grants Manager will oversee grants management process to local organizations. He or she will administer and facilitate the process for grantee selection, pre-award assessment, assist in reporting on grantee progress, and ensure proper close-out of grants.
- Provides technical assistance, as required, to build capacity of local partners and grantees to ensure grantees meet project objectives and comply with RTI and USAID rules and regulations
- Handle day-to-day administration of grants awarded under the program, from solicitation phase through closeout.
- Oversees grants management process, including grant proposal tracking, review, and approval process
- Monitor compliance with both award-specific requirements and applicable regulations.
- Review and negotiate all grant applications and participate on the evaluation committee.
- Coordinate and conduct compliance review(s) and pre-award surveys.
- Provide guidance to grantees on rules and regulations applicable to assistance instruments as well as program reporting.
- Develop a monitoring plan for grantees using the information collected pre-award.
- Provide capacity-building training to local organizations, customizing it to meet the organizations needs.
- Coordinate and facilitate any capacity-building activities among the technical teams or outside firms/consultants.
- Coordinate execution of award documents (pre-award authorizations, awards, monitoring, modifications, etc.).
- Maintain grant files, including records on monitoring and evaluation and other quality control activities (financial, programmatic, proof of performance).
- Ensure compliance with award terms and conditions.
- Coordinate field activities and communication among grantees and USAID (e.g., legal, finance, status reporting, procurement).
- Review and process grantee invoices for compliance and coordination with technical teams for performance measurement.
- Close out completed grants.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- Master’s degree and 6 years of experience or bachelor’s degree and 10 years of experience
- International cost accounting experience, as well as experience with USAID rules and regulations.
- Experience must include five years of experience managing grants programs.
Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated capacity to design a grants program and accompanying grants manual.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a culturally diverse team.
- Demonstrated, excellent written and oral presentation skills in English is required.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and other accounting systems
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to listen and communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Application Closing Date
11th September, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application letter and a CV as One Single Word document to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- On the subject Line of your email you should only put the Email Subject line (no other text should be on this subject line) that you are applying.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as they see this advert. Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply. We offer a highly competitive renumeration. Take note that any successful candidate will be subjected to a pre-employment background investigation. For further information about RTI International, please visit our website at www.rti.org
- We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V