Trino Studios Limited is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Legal Department
- The Head of Legal Department will provide proactive and pragmatic advice to the Management on all legal and regulatory matters (with main focus on entertainment/film production-related matters).
- A very good orientation in corporate, commercial, finance, entertainment and other areas of law, which relates to film production and distribution, will be highly desirable.
- Taking this role the individual will be actively involved in managing the Legal Department, defining scopes of responsibilities and tasks, in order to provide comprehensive legal support to the company.
- Act as in-house legal counsel on all legal matters which will include corporate, finance, and employment matters and ensure there are accurate paperwork in place to comply with relevant regulatory and legal requirements.
- Advise the company on legal/compliance issues relating to all business operations
- End-to-end management of all agreements and contracts; for movie cast, crew and vendors
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations.
- Contribute to review, formulation and implementation of policies and regularly monitor compliance both in-house and with clients.
- Filing of returns and updating of corporate records of all Trino entities at the appropriate time with the appropriate registry.
- Organize and prepare agendas and papers for board meetings, committees and annual general meetings (AGMs)
- Set the strategy and goals for the Legal team in alignment with the larger organizational goals
- Lead complex legal projects that span legal, business, and functional boundaries.
- Provide legal counsel to the Management and other staff in all departments on a variety of issues.
- Identify, research, and analyze legal issues that affect the company and its activities at the local, state, federal and international levels associated with the company’s activities, ongoing operations, and strategic initiatives.
- Oversee the systems that ensure the company complies with all applicable codes, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements
- Develop and provide trainings on legal issues, processes and policies to multi-level audiences in all departments
- Manage dispute and the conflict resolution process
- Supervise Legal staff and oversee the departmental activities including the legal department budget
- Liaise with regulatory bodies of government and registered trademarks, copyrights, Properties for the company and ensure intellectual property rights are protected and registered.
- Manage communication with the External Counsels and Advisors
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LLB) and must have fulfilled the requisite call to bar.
- Master’s in law (LLM)/MBA Degree will be an added advantage
- Member of Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Administrators of Nigeria (ICSAN) or similar institutes will be an added advantage.
- 7+ years experience (post call to bar) in corporate practice with in-depth knowledge and experience in corporate governance, company secretarial and compliance services.
- Experience in commercial, finance, administrative and other areas of law is desirable.
- Experience in Intellectual property, content management and licensing
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Result-oriented with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage a team
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong project management skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- A sound grasp of corporate governance issues
- Ability to work through challenging situations
Application Closing Date
19th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes to: email@example.com using Head, Legal Department as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.