Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants Assistant
- The purpose of this role is to support the country Grants Administrative processes and management.
- Update project files regularly in line with donor retention period
- Support in maintaining various grants tracking mechanism in order to effectively follow up grant activities and to determine progress and make decisions where further action is needed.
- Support in documenting key compliance issues with Plan International staff and partners setting ground for compliance management
- Draft Funding Approval Document and ensure all Funding Agreement Document (FADs) files are updated on a regular basis.
- Support field office staff with administrative processes.
- Support proposal development process working by filing all proposal and budget for easy referencing.
- Ensure timely set-up of all grants in SAP system and corresponding modifications are affected
- Support to ensuring that grants are implemented in compliance with Plan International guidelines and relevant donor regulations.
- Maintain and update grant files.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- A Degree in Development Studies, Business Studies, or Social Science (Master’s degree or equivalent in international affairs, development or related subject will be an added advantage).
- At least one-year experience working in project and/or grants management and proposal/business development/design.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Good communicator with strong organizational, time management and analytical skills.
- Excellent inter-personal, cultural and diplomatic skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills with close attention to detail.
- Excellent proven skills in developing, writing grant proposals
- Good research, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Effective working with and through partners
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong strategic thinking and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- High proficiency in MS office tools (with excellent Microsoft Excel skills).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
- Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 30th December, 2021.