Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Coordinator – Propcom Mai-karfi
Job Ref: req7883
Locations: Kano, Kaduna, Jigawa, Gombe, Bauchi, Yobe, Borno, Taraba and Adamawa (field based)
Job Family: Results Measurement
Responsible to: Results Analyst
Responsible for: Enumerators
- Propcom Mai-Karfi is a six year DFID programme aimed at increasing incomes for the poor in Northern Nigeria through enhanced employment opportunities for increased employment and improved productivity in selected agricultural market systems in northern Nigeria. It now has a three-year extension 2018-2021 to work in a reduced number of states from mid 2018:
- Tier 1 (Borno, Adamawa and Yobe);
- Tier 2 (Gombe, Taraba and Bauchi) and
- Partnership states (Kaduna, Kano and Jigawa).
- To support Programme strategy development, implementation and monitoring by conducting field based research using appropriately agreed methodologies to collate and analyse field information that contribute to adaptive management of the programme.
Scope of Work
- The Field Coordinator will be a part of the Results Measurement team.
- S/he will be responsible for supporting the Results Measurement team to carry out research work that may be required for the Programme’s functioning and strategy.
- S/he will support Market Managers in executing their monitoring plans and management of their respective interventions at field level.
- Progress reports provided by the Field Coordinators will be used by the programme to assess progress, adjust activities and plan its next steps. This is mainly a field-based job.
- The Propcom Mai-karfi team works as an integrated team. In addition to results measurement and research, the Field Coordinator will be expected to contribute to other aspects of the programme as designated by the Results Analyst.
The Field Coordinator will assist with the following:
- Support the programme in collecting, entering and analysing data that can inform decisions and help to adaptively manage its interventions;
- Work closely with the results measurement and technical teams to develop and manage dynamic and adaptive monitoring systems for the programme’s interventions;
- Provide regular feedback to the Results Measurement and Technical Teams based on evidence gathered at the field level;
- Help to capture and document lessons learnt from interventions;
- Collect evidence of success stories at frequent intervals;
- Support the development and execution of monitoring plans;
- Support the design of field survey tools and execute field surveys for the collection of data for various purposes;
- Collaborate with the Market Manager on the production of internal progress reports as well as contribute to overall programme reports for the client;
- Support the programme interventions by providing on-the-field information about potential intervention opportunities/gaps within the various market sections;
- Provide weekly updates and plans to the Results Analyst and his/her designate.
- The Field Coordinator will report to the Results Analyst or his/her Designee as designated by the Team Leader.
- S/he will also be expected to work closely with Market Managers and other team members where necessary and foster good working relationships with them. The Field Coordinators will be responsible for providing guidance to field-based enumerators and manage their work when necessary.
- The Field Coordinator will also be expected to establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders within the various identified markets.
Skills & Competencies
- Interview: The Field Coordinator must possess excellent interview skills and be able to probe respondents to tease out the required information from them.
- Observation: The Field Coordinator should possess good observational skills and be perceptive to realities on the ground, which would help to inform decision-making at the intervention and programmatic level.
- Communication: S/he must be able to communicate their findings from the field in a clear and concise manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Team Player: The Field Coordinator must be able to work harmoniously with other team members, build trust and maintain good working relationships with them.
- Supervision: S/he should have the ability to provide guidance to and supervise the work of enumerators.
- Planning & Organisation: The Field Coordinator should be able to plan their field activities in line with agreed schedules and duly execute them such that information from the field is relayed to relevant people in a timely fashion.
- Problem solving: The Field Coordinator must be able to deal with difficult problems as they arise and find ways to overcome those challenges.
The Field Coordinator should have:
- A Degree or similar qualification;
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently;
- Fluency in speaking and understanding Hausa;
- A good understanding and experience of conducting field level market research;
- Familiarity with both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies;
- Experience in the development of surveys and data collection instruments;
- Data analysis experience using Microsoft Excel;
- Knowledge of the institutions and organizations and/or businesses that provide services to the agricultural sector in Nigeria and at the state level;
- Experience or knowledge of relevant Northern Nigerian agricultural markets.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online