International Finance Corporation (IFC) is a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in developing countries. The Bank Group has set two goals for the world to achieve by 2030: end extreme poverty and promote shared prosperity in every country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ET Consultant, Disruptive Technologies
Job #: req14466
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Term Duration: 1 year 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
- IFC - a member of the World Bank Group - is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries.
- In fiscal year 2021, IFC committed a record $31.5 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
- IFC, a member of World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in developing countries. We finance and provide advice for private sector ventures and projects in developing countries in partnership with other investors and, through advisory work, help governments create conditions that stimulate the flow of both domestic and foreign private savings and investment, with the goals of eliminating extreme poverty and promoting shared prosperity.
- Our focus is to promote economic development by encouraging the growth of productive enterprises and efficient capital markets in our member countries.
- This position will be based in Accra/Bogota/Lagos/Nairobi/Johannesburg/Mumbai, with the IFC’s Gender and Economic Inclusion Group (GEIG).
Gender and Economic Inclusion at IFC
- The IFC Gender and Economic Inclusion Group addresses the private sector’s human capital challenges with a dedicated team that provides support across the corporation to increase deal flow and maximize development impact when it comes to gender, base of the pyramid and other underserved groups such as people with disabilities and people who identify as LGBTQI.
- We take an intersectional approach to diversity and inclusion.
- This will be achieved by developing research on the business case and by providing tailored operational solutions and building partnerships with the aim of creating economic opportunities and development for all.
- In order to unlock macro-economic growth and private sector investment opportunities, the group will closely collaborate with the World Bank and IFC’s Upstream efforts.
- Focus areas of economic inclusion will include gender, base of the pyramid (through Inclusive Business), LGBTQI, and persons with disabilities. This selection is based on IFC expertise, private sector demand for investments and advice in these areas and market opportunities
- The Disruptive Technology team, part of the Gender and Inclusive Economies Group, identifies how new and emerging technologies have the potential to drive development impact and business growth in emerging markets with a focus on women and other underserved populations, including disabled and LGBT communities and base of the pyramid populations.
- The team conducts research, provides tailored advisory services, and convenes public initiatives on core topic areas, supports knowledge management and capacity building across the WBG.
Duties and Responsibilities
The ET Consultant will:
- Contribute to research on disruptive technologies in emerging markets, including but not limited to scoping partners, conducting literature reviews, and composing and editing reports
- Conduct partner and client management, including developing concept notes and implementation plans and donor reporting; maintain updated project management for complex global projects
- Draft client deliverables that include analysis, training materials, best practice guides, standards, and papers or presentations containing recommendations to improve client performance
- Collect and analyze client and market data and contribute to design of solutions that will create markets, reform sectors, and improve firm performance
- Support knowledge management through the development of talking points, case studies, presentations and other materials to capture the connection between inclusive technologies, development impact, and private sector growth
- Lead public events and internal learning sessions focused on inclusive technology, including managing speaker outreach and developing relevant communications materials
- The ET Consultant will also undertake other related tasks as requested by the team Lead. S/He will report to the Disruptive Technology Lead, Gender and Economic Inclusion, and will work closely with other members of the team, as well as counterparts in and outside the WBG.
- Master’s Degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience, including demonstrated experience working with the private sector in emerging markets
- Technical knowledge of disruptive technologies in emerging markets
- Experience collaborating with high-level public or private sector stakeholders on sensitive or confidential topics
- Ability to manage fast-moving projects while maintaining strong attention to do detail with knowledge of the IFC project management systems
- Superlative writing and editing skills, ability to adopt to a wide variety of styles
- Data analysis skills
- English language fluency and proficiency in another widely spoken language
Application Closing Date
12th January, 2022 at 11:59pm UTC.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online