The organisation seeks to recruit a suitably qualified candidate to be part of the management team of the organization in the position below:
Job Title: Director of Administration and Finance
Location: Northern Nigeria
- The Director of Finance and Administration reports to the Managing Director (MD) who is the Chief Executive Officer and works closely with the MD and Director of Research and Programmes to realize the mission and vision of the Foundation.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Work closely with the Managing Director to develop and monitor the financial budget and strategy of the Foundation.
- Coordinating daily operational functions, developing, managing and monitoring budgets,, investing assets, improving business efficiency, requesting audits, and analysing financial data.
- Will develop, manage, and monitor annual budgets.
- Ensure financial integrity and accountability and maintain internal control.
- Ensure that all financial transactions comply with the highest professional standard.
- Undertake in-depth financial analysis and optimally invest the assets of the Foundation for liquidity, returns, and safety.
- Guide the Managing Director, the Advisory Committee and the Board of Trustees on strategic business directions by conducting financial planning, analysis, forecasting, developing scenarios to inform decision making, and advising on key economic trends, and options.
- Generate regular accounts for the Management, Advisory Committee and Board of Trustees Oversee human resources management.
- Coordinate the payroll, benefits, insurance, and liabilities.
- Provides expertise, guidance, and oversight in the areas of IT and Human Resources to ensure that those functions are operating and being carried out efficiently and cost-effectively
- Ensure timeous update and implementation of financial, investment, and human resources procedures and policies.
- In the absence of the MD, the person could, at the instance of the MD/CEO deputize and represent the Foundation at the senior levels of government, with stakeholders and at global gatherings.
- Ensure annual audit
- Any other duties as assigned by the MD/CEO.
- Must possess a Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of Second Class (Lower) or an HND with Credit in Accountancy, Business Administration, Finance, Public Administration or Economics. A Master's Degree is an advantage.
- Must be a certified professional member of either the Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN), (Chartered), or the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN).
- Must have at least eight (8) years of professional experience in accountancy or investment.
- Must have held a senior position in accounting responsibility in a well-organised public or private sector.
- Have experience at a senior level in human resource management, budgeting, financial planning, investment, and treasury management.
- Must be current in procurement due process.
- Have a strong ethics and integrity standard.
- Very knowledgeable of various accounting systems, investment and auditing software including for not-for- profit organizations.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills (working with youths, the elderly, public servants, security agencies, and religious and traditional institutions) and a proven ability to function as part of a team, as characterized by successful experience as a team leader, supervisor, colleague, and manager.
- Must be self-confident, have strong diplomatic skills and a collegial approach to work, and demonstrate high professional standards and good judgment.
- This position is tenured for four years in the first instance and renewable for another final four years subject to performance and discretion of the Board of Trustees.
4.00pm, 27th September, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are to upload scanned copies of all relevant documents, including a written Application, a detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of academic and where applicable, professional credentials, record of employment, and names and addresses of three referees with telephone numbers by email to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.