Digital Illustrator at uLesson Education Limited
uLesson is a venture-backed education technology business whose mission is to enable African learners to reach their maximum potential by making high-quality digital education services widely accessible. Our app hosts thousands of educational video tutorials that combine quality lessons delivered by experts in education, with digital animations and illustrations to explain key concepts; thereby, providing students with a learning experience that is unprecedented in its richness, scope, interactivity, and effectiveness.
We currently provide students between the grades of 1 and 12 with access to high-quality, curriculum-relevant, animated video lessons. At the moment, our uLesson App has been downloaded over 2 miliion times and we’ve been featured by credible media houses like CNN, Venturebum, Techcrunch, Quartz and Business insider.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Digital Illustrator
Jabi, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
- Prepare storyboards and rough drafts according to illustration/design requirements
- Combine hand-drawing and paintings with digital media to create complete illustrations.
- Design expressive images and video that are on-brand
- Enhance uLesson brand illustration style and contribute to extending storytelling reach.
- Ensure that illustrations meet quality and brand standards.
- Ensure that illustrations meet technical requirements.
- Brainstorm with the design team to come up with new ideas.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional teams to create compelling illustrations.
- Stay current with latest standards, processes, trends, techniques and software in the illustration field.
- Contribute to best practice implementation throughout the design projects.
- Manage multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions
- Refine existing illustrations.
- Undertake research to generate design ideas
- Use various colors, graphics and effects to better visualize each concept.
- Participate in design briefs with team members to identify their needs.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Arts, Design, Communications, or related field
- 3-4 years proven experience in graphics designing or similar role
- Drawing Skills : c apable of generating hand-drawn and digital pen illustration concepts quickly and precisely with attention to detail
- Strong aesthetic and conceptual skills.
- Able to generate thoughtful and engaging illustration concepts that go beyond 1-to-1 representation
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to clearly explain creative decisions in words and writing
- Effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- A high proficiency level in using illustration tools i.e. Illustrator, Photoshop, Procreate, and Affinity Designer
- Demonstrable portfolio that showcases aesthetic awareness, high-caliber drawing skills, and various illustration styles
- In-depth knowledge and experience using computer-aided design (CAD) software, Photoshop and Adobe illustrator.
N300,000 - N600,000 / month.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, updated CV and updated portfolio to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 17th July, 2022.