Michael Stevens Consulting - Our client, a leading and reputable Chartered Professional Institute operating in the Nigerian financial services sector has taken a strategic decision to strengthen it's top management as part of its transformation agenda and therefore seeks to hire a self-managed and highly experienced candidates to join its top management team in the capacity below:
Job Title: Deputy Registrar, Technical and Professional
Employment Type: Full-time.
Grade Level: Level 15
Direct Supervisor: Reports to the Registrar / Chief Executive (RCE)
Direct Subordinates: Director, Education & Professional Services and Director, Research and Professional Standards
- Reporting to the Registrar / Chief Executive, the Deputy Registrar, Technical and Professional Services will be saddled with responsibility of providing leadership and support across key areas including but not limited to designing directorates strategic and operational plan, daily administration, providing support for relevant council committees, people management and public representation.
- Draw up the work plan for the Directorates under his supervision based on identified strategic areas and drive the implementation of the strategy whilst improving systems and processes to create operational efficiency.
Oversee the general administration of key technical functions of the secretariat in the following areas:
- Technical and Education
- Members Professional Development
- Faculties, Examinations
- Membership Affairs and Students Affairs.
- Attend Council meetings and follow up on Council decisions on technical areas under his/her supervision.
- Provide support for the Registrar at meetings and document action plans of committees.
- Serve as secretary to committees and regularly submit reports to Council.
- Ensure prompt responses to advocacy papers issued to public comments and contribute to Institute Public Hearing submissions
- Provide authoritative advice on relevant regulatory/legal laws and actively promote legal and regulatory compliance requirements in its field.
- Relate frequently with the Presidency, Council, Registrar. Director General of Tax Academy and Deputy
- Registrar (Corporate and Internal Services) and other management staff in the technical division.
- Relate with affiliate bodies, other professional institutes, academics, and the members of institute.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Registrar / Chief Executive, President, or the Council.
Council Committee Relationship:
- Represent the Registrar/Chief Executive and serve as secretary to relevant council committees under the supervised directorates.
- Assist the Registrar/ Chief Executive to implement the resolutions and policies of the council through the working committees.
- Work closely with respective committee chairpersons and members to ensure the objectives and goals of the institute are realized.
Qualification / Education
- Minimum of M.Sc. or equivalent in Taxation, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related courses.
- Must be a Nigerian citizen not be more than 45 years of age.
- Ph.D. in taxation or its equivalent in relevant discipline is an added advantage.
- Must be a Chartered Tax Professional for not less than 5 years.
- Membership at Fellowship level is desired.
- Membership of a relevant Professional Institute preferably ICAN or ANAN is highly desired.
Skills & Competencies:
- Have strong administrative capability with a strong stakeholder management and engagement skills, strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build and manage a high-performing organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the demonstrated capacity to work cooperatively and in partnership with diverse groups.
- Expert knowledge of research in Taxation, Economics and Finance.
Proficiency in tools and technology:
- ICT proficiency
- Knowledge of Technical Research tools and software
- At least, fifteen (15) years administrative and professional experience, with a minimum of seven (7) years managerial experience in the same or similar role.
- Experience in developing and managing budget of an educational institution or of relevant directorates.
- Previous experience in technical and academic research in Taxation discipline is desired.
Application Closing Date
19th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online