RISE Networks is Nigeria’s leading Social Enterprise based in Anthony Village, Lagos, Nigeria whose mandate focuses on using Tech Innovation to create advocacy, skills empowerment and learning opportunities for the inclusive growth of Youth with the core objective of preparing them for effective Value Based Leadership at all levels in the Public, Private and Social Sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Data Science / AI Research Lead
- Rise Networks is Nigeria’s leading social enterprise whose mandate focuses on using technology innovation to promote advocacy, develop skills and create jobs for youths.
- Recently, we set up and opened the first & only Data Science & Artificial Intelligence powered Learning, Research & Work Readiness Lab in Nigeria, THE RISE LABS.
- Planning data projects
- Course Planning
- Building analytic systems and predictive models
- Managing a team of data scientists, machine learning engineers and big data specialists
- We are looking for a Lead Data Scientist who has an in-depth experience in artificial intelligence to lead a technical team.
- Lead Data Scientist responsibilities include managing the data science team, organizing training, coordinating research, planning projects and building analytics models. You should have a strong problem-solving ability and a knack for statistical analysis
- Your ultimate goal will be your ability to plan, coordinate training, improve business products and business decisions by making the most out of an organization data.
- Manage a team of data scientists, machine learning engineers and big data specialists
- Lead data mining and collection procedures
- Plan, Coordinate Data Science Courses/Training
- Build analytic systems and predictive models
- Test performance of data-driven products
- Visualize data and create reports
- Experiment with new models and techniques
- Project Research
- Ensure data quality and integrity
- Interpret and analyze data problems
- Conceive, plan and prioritize data projects
- Align data projects with organizational goals
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist or similar role
- Solid understanding of machine learning
- Knowledge of data management and visualization techniques
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A business mindset
- A knack for statistical analysis and predictive modelling
- Good knowledge of R, Python and MATLAB
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics or similar field
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a one paged Cover Letter and CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 26th June, 2020.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]