Data Management and Reporting Officer at Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for - and respond to - crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Management and Reporting Officer
Duration: 3 Months
- The Data Management and Reporting Officer is responsible for gathering, researching, compiling, documenting, archiving, updating, packaging and sharing of critical information, best practices and learning both from within Plan International Nigeria and externally.
Dimensions of the Role
- The Data Management and Reporting officer is responsible for implementing Plan International Nigeria’s data, information and learning business plan, such as but not limited to gathering, documenting, archiving, packaging and sharing of critical information, best practices and learning both from within Plan International Nigeria and externally.
- S/he will be responsible for establishing and maintaining tools, systems and database for information and learning.
- S/he will co-ordinate closely with the Project Coordinator, M&E Coordinator, project staff and other Response Team Members to build the technical capacity of implementing and local partners, and improve program quality and effectiveness of the project implementation and current response/ project as well as any future recovery activities.
- The Data Management and Reporting Officer will be based in Damaturu Field Office, Jakusko LGA. pe of responsibility is for both Plan International and all authorised visitors.
- Captures learning and case studies, systematically document, research, compile and utilize for external influence, to inform strategic direction, strategic planning, for reporting and other organizational objectives.
- Establish and nurture lessons learned and best practices amongst Plan staff at different level.
- Closely work with the M&E and project Coordinator in order to ensure regular report submission
- Prepare and Submit CPDR to project coordinator for review.
- Support Program Units to have systematic, user friendly and up-to-date knowledge and information management systems
- Train staff on information, learning, data and knowledge management, including but not limited to the use of intranet.
- Establish an innovative, user friendly, reliable, and up-to-date internal information database for experiences sharing, knowledge sharing, information sharing and make it accessible.
- Prepare case studies and success stories and share learnt lessons to internal staff and externally as appropriate.
- Help disseminate information about the organization’s information and knowledge sharing program to internal and external audiences.
- Compile and systematically archive events, communications, researches, regular corporate reports such as the CPDR.
- Develop corporate information and knowledge inventory to assist with ensuring an ongoing information and knowledge management requirements are met
- Analyse information and data and share to internal staff for proper use and externally as relevant
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in a discipline such as Computer Science, IT, International Development, Business Administration, Accounting, Management and Economics or any other discipline relevant to development.
- Previous experience in a related position for at least 3 years, especially in General Food Distribution & Nutrition projects.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Hausa.
- Commitment to and understanding of Plan International’s aims, values and principles.
- Experience in working “In-kind Distributions” projects is preferable.
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver PLAN’s strategic objectives.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations
- Facilitate the development and scheduling of volunteer outreach activities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
- Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 2nd June, 2023.