EST Master Construction Limited was incoporated in Nigeria in the year 2000 and ever since, has shown its ability to adopt a thouroughly modern approach to construction works.
EST Master Construction Limited is a leading construction company in diverse market segments. We are considered among the best because of our ability to undertake large and complex projects, embrace new technologies, and make a difference in the lives of our clients, employees and neighbours.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Buyer
Ref Code: MCLR/PR/03/20
Location : Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Responsible for sourcing, selecting and purchasing of materials and equipment to ensure that the company’s operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery terms and ensuring continuity of supply in accordance with established budgets.
- HND / OND in Quantity Surveying or any Engineering related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a buyer with a reputable construction company.
- Industry market intelligence
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong numerical, negotiating and IT skills
- Able to thrive in a high-stress and fast-paced environment
- Keen attention to detail and ability to effectively manage time.
- Possess excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Applicants MUST be resident in Port Harcourt or its environs.
- Provide support to the procurement department by purchasing materials and services in line with the company’s procurement policies, QA/QC and safety standards as well as operational needs.
- Support in preparing purchase orders in line with final negotiations with selected suppliers and in line with organizational targets and requirements.
- Scout for and introduce credible and competent suppliers to the business.
- Explore alternate sources for the procurement of materials and equipment.
- Ensure a continuous supply of required materials and equipment and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations.
- Evaluate the performance of suppliers/vendors and choose the best possible strategy for business needs whilst working within a given budget.
- Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible.
- Prepare and coordinate negotiations, validation of technical information, supplier site audit.
- Follow up with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of materials and manage variations as may be necessary.
- Work closely with the operations team to ensure full understanding of project delivery schedule and to ensure items on the critical part of the schedule receive close attention.
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers and advise management accordingly.
- Maintain detailed records such as tracking documents, vendors’ register and purchasing databases.
- Contribute to other duties assigned by management and determined by business needs.
Deadline: 30th May, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Applications quoting the position and reference code as the subject of the mail to: [email protected]