We are recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Attorney – Corporate & Litigation
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
- The attorney whom should be specialized in corporate and litigation matters would join a law firm handling all complex legal matters, represent clients in court cases and other kinds of adversarial legal proceedings such as arbitrations, mediations and administrative law proceedings.
- Consult and handle all corporate legal processes (e.g. intellectual property, mergers & acquisitions, financial/securities offerings, compliance issues, transactions, agreements, lawsuits, patents)
- Develop company policy and position on legal issues
- Research, anticipate and guard company against legal risks
- Guide managers and ensure compliance with rules and regulations
- Structure, draft and review reports and other legal documents
- Represent company in legal proceedings (administrative boards, court trials etc.)
- Draft and administer all contracts
- Negotiate deals and attend company meetings
- Consult with Clients
- Conduct Pre-Trial Activities
- Represent Clients in a Trial
- Proven comparable law firm experience
- Proven background on corporate law (contract law, tax law, accounting, securities law, bankruptcy, intellectual property rights, licensing, zoning laws)
- Excellent negotiation and communications skills
- Administrative and managerial skills
- Analytical ability and strong attention to detail
- Computer skills
- Current license to practice law
- A very good degree in Law and graduate from Law School
- Minimum of 5 (five) years relevant experience working in a Law Firm.
- Obtaining state bar admission
- Drafting briefs and other legal documents
- Gathering evidence to be used in trial
- Interviewing key witnesses
- Conducting depositions.
Application Closing Date
27th May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using "Attorney_Lagos" as subject of your mail.