The Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry was established for the promotion and protection of Trade and Industry and to represent and express the opinion of the business community on matters affecting trade and industry in the city of Lagos, the Lagos Port Complex, Lagos State and where applicable, the whole Federation.
Assistant Research Manager
About the Job
- The Foremost Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Africa (respected globally) is sourcing for a resourceful and professional Assistant Research Manager to join her formidable Research and Advocacy team.
- The Job holder is to provide assistance for the core functions that make for sound research analysis report writing, advocacy amongst other responsibility of the Department.
- Researching, analyzing and monitoring economic developments and issues of importance to the Lagos & Nigerian business community, and helping to shape government policy on investment and trade.
- Project Management, concept note and proposal writing for grants from potential Donors
- Liaise with Research Department from other organization/Government agencies
- Design, Preparation and Management of Research & Advocacy programs of theChamber including donor-funded research projects.
- Monitoring & Evaluating Macroeconomic policies and sectoral issues to generate the topics for discussion at the Bi-Annual Economic Review and Outlook Seminars.
- Preparation of monthly Economic and Business Brief.
- Confidence Index of the Chamber.
- Preparation of weekly, monthly & quarterly economic reports to Assistant Director, Research and Advocacy for submission to Council & Exco
- Writing and presentation of Technical Papers on behalf of the Chamber.
- Compilation, periodic analysis and interpretation of economic and statistical data, through research of the economic and development issues in the country and production of relevant reports aimed at promoting more conducive business environment in Nigeria.
- Prepare discussion papers on policy-orientated economic issues for discussion at the chambers business roundtable forums.
- Prepare draft position papers and memoranda of the Chamber.
- Liaise with the Corporate Communications Manager and Trade Group Secretaries in preparation of Press Conference papers and speeches.
- Coordination of Industrial and Financial Services Groups.
- Support the advocacy function through provision of timely information on macroeconomic issues and other Government policies that have potential to affect the business community adversely.
- Provide regular information on trends of major economic indicators such as inflation rate, interest rate, global oil prices, exchange rate, as well as domestic and external debt. These are featured in reports to EXCO and Council periodically.
- Keep an up-to-date record of policy pronouncements by the Government at both the State and Federal levels.
- Gather sectoral data on the performance of the various sectors of the economy for preparation of quarterly sectoral report.
- Carry out other assignment as may be assigned by the Director and Director-General.
Job Requirements / Competencies
- B.Sc / HND in Economics.
- M.sc in Economics is also required.
- Minimum of 7 years as a Senior Research Officer or Economist of a reputable Organization.
- Professional Behaviour.
- A sound reporting writing skill
- Must have a good eye for details.
- A very good knowledge of scientific method, graphs, and economic models.
- Good Leadership skills
- Time management and organisation
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Enhanced numerical and quantitative skills:
- Proficient Microsoft Office Skills
- Good Communication Skills.
- Team Spirit
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should electronically submit a Resume and a Letter of Application to the email address indicated under the apply button using the Position as the subject of the email.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]