WTS Energy HSE Supervisor
WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Supervisor
- Activities: Monitor the implementation of the approved Contractor and Sub-contractor Project HSE Plan and referenced procedures including bridging documents.
- Participate at Risk Assessment and Job Safety Analysis studies dedicated to construction operations and ensure they comply with related COMPANY General Specifications as enshrined in the Contract.
- Monitor and report the Health, Safety and Environmental performance of the Contractor and its Sub-contractors at SITE.
- Undertake SITE HSE audits & inspections, and ensure corrective actions and recommendations are conclusively closed-out.
- Ensure that Hazard identification / reporting, accident reporting and investigation, etc., are continuously undertaken.
- Ensure implementation according to schedule and participate at regular emergency preparedness drills, and follow-up recommended improvement measures following such exercises.
- Take active part in the preparation of documentation for and organization of SITE HSE committees Meetings.
- Focus on proactive identification of potential problems, and propose appropriate solutions for mitigation of any safety risk.
- Attend regular meetings with Contractors’ HSE representatives to discuss and agree solutions to HSE concerns and potential hazards.
- Be proactive in promoting HSE awareness at all levels within the project team and contractor personnel.
- Monitor the implementation of control measures identified during risk analyses while carrying out fabrication and construction activities.
- Assist in the investigation of accidents and incidents to determine their underlying causes, report anomalies and check corrective actions.
- Monitor the implementation of actions arising from incident, accident, audit and inspection analyses and lessons learnt.
- Check and ensure that first aid materials and equipment are available at the SITE.
- Carry out any other duties or tasks as assigned by the hierarchy. HSE
- Give HSE the highest priority and ensure that Contractors works in accordance with COMPANY rules and procedures, with particular attention to health, safety, environment and sustainable development.
- Adhere to stated policies and procedures relating to HSE and quality management.
- As an individual, you are responsible for your own Health and Safety. Do nothing that can cause harm to you or your working colleagues or associates.
- Be responsible for the safety, integrity and environmental requirements related to all project activities
- Monitoring the HSE performance of the installation Contractors and of their subcontractors, to ensure compliance with documented Project HSE Plans and Procedures in order to achieve contractual HSE requirements.
- Initiate STOP procedure for unsafe acts.
- Graduate Bachelor’s Degree (B.Sc) or equivalent in any Engineering or Physical Science, and formal training in HSE with recognized qualification or certification.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in the Oil and Gas production projects, with minimum 3 years on position(s) of similar HSE responsibilities.
- Knowledge of risk assessment techniques and experience at organising HAZOPS, HAZIDS, HAZAN and other reviews.
- Administrative skills including proficiency in typical office applications (Words, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Fluent in English language and ability to communicate well at all levels within the Company.
- In addition, the candidate must possess very good planning, presentation, negotiations and organizational skills.
- Ability to work on rotation bases.