Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe and 3 in Jigawa.
The mission has over 600 staff including over 40 international employees. There are three base offices: Damaturu, Maiduguri and Dutse and four sub-bases including Monguno, Potiskum, Bade and Damasak.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WASH Technical Assistant
Bade, Yobe, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
Direct Line Manager: WASH Technical Officer
- Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is recruiting for a WASH Technical Assistant who will be responsible for the supervision of water and sanitation construction activities, provide support in training and building the capacity of stakeholders, coordinate with internal staff and stakeholders to ensure smooth project implementation.
- To visit sites and ensure quality assurance of construction being delivered and adherence to design specifications.
- To make sure that the technical activities are up to the Action Against Hunger standards (WASH package).
- Assist in preparing training tools on relevant technical topics and conduct trainings for stakeholders with emphasis on water quality monitoring.
- Assist the WASH Technical Officer in the development of technical guidelines and tools.
- Liaise closely with the WASH PHP team throughout the planning, design and implementation stages of the WASH technical activities. Hygiene promotion is a vital element in such infrastructure activities, especially in Cholera and COVID-19 responses.
- To submit technical report and consumption report to the WASH Technical Officer (Upon request)
- Assist in the preparation of weekly report.
- Continue monitoring and recording water quality result of water point in targeted location.
- Minimum of National Diploma in Water Engineering, Hydrology, Civil Engineering, Building and other related fields
- At least two years of proven experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge in Nutrition/Health and WASH programming and community engagement;
- Capacity to work in a team of diverse culture;
- Result oriented with strong organization, communication and planning skills;
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken skills) and Hausa preferably.
- Minimum Basic Salary: NGN 156,995 per month
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion. Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, 24 days paid leave per year, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
25th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply