- Company: Action Against Hunger Nigeria
- Location: Nigeria
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category:
Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe, and 3 in Jigawa.
The mission has over 600 staff including over 40 international employees. There are three base offices: Damaturu, Maiduguri, Dutse, and four sub-bases including Monguno, Potiskum, Bade, and Damasak.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WASH Sector Manager
Bade, Yobe, Nigeria
Direct Line Manager: WASH Project Manager
Job Type: Full Time
- Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is recruiting for a WASH Sector Manager who will ensure technical implementation of integrated AAH WASH programs in Yobe State, develop AAH understanding of WASH issues in Northern Nigeria, Supervision of the WASH program staff: induction, follow up, evaluation, and promotion of positive team dynamics and motivation, Support the project manager in developing proper Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting of projects, contribute to the mission’s capitalization and to AAH communication.
- Develop and ensure the use of appropriate techniques and materials for hygiene promotion, COVID-19 session and training.
- Support the project manager in developing a Project implementation plan including procurement and distribution schedules of project inputs in line with project logistics/supply chain capacity.
- Ensure that all data and information is updated, well organized and easily accessible; and that lessons learnt and best practice are capitalized.
- Analyze and report on the evolving humanitarian needs and provide clear recommendations for interventions. This includes COVID-19 response, effect, gaps, and mitigation.
- Establish performance management of staffs under your supervision through effective use of the Performance Management System including the establishment of clear, measurable objectives, on-going feedback, periodic reviews, and fair and unbiased evaluations.
- Participate and support the project manager actively in developing M&E and indicator tracking plans for all grants, developing additional M&E tools as necessary to monitor project progress, with support of the M&E team.
- Contribute to appropriate, timely, and accurate data collection against agreed indicators to enable both internal and external reporting.
- HND / Degree in Engineering, Technology or Public Health in a field related to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (Civil/Building/Geology/Public health)
- Minimum 3 years relevant working experience, in a WASH Management/ Supervisory capacity.
- Experience in the INGO/NGO and humanitarian context
- Experience managing a team of staff
- Demonstrated knowledge in Nutrition/Health and WASH programming and community engagement;
- Capacity to work in a team of diverse culture;
- Result-oriented with strong organization, communication and planning skills;
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken skills) and Hausa preferably.
- Minimum Basic Salary: NGN 308,589 per month
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion. Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, 24 days paid leave per year, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
27th November, 2020.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.