Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Vulcanizer (Belt Splicer), Mechanical
Requisition ID: IbesePlantMech011
Location: Ibese, Ogun
Employment Type: Full Time
- The responsibility of the Vulcanizer (Belt Splicer) is the installation and repair of conveyor belts and conveyor systems at our cement production lines from raw materials to product, by carrying out the followings among other things.
- Hot vulcanization of fabric (2-6 layers) and steel cord belts of various width and strength.
- Cold vulcanization of fabric belts
- Belt repairs by using metal fasteners, cold solutions, hot splicing process and edge repairs.
- pulley lagging including ceramic, poly and rubber lagging
- basic rigging, lifting and slinging
- Be willing and able to work a variety of schedules; day and night, weekend and holiday.
- Must be able to multi-task, meet deadlines and work independently and in a team environment as regards preventive, plan and breakdown maintenances.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing, in a clear, effective and professional manner.
- Promote safety by working adhering to company safety guidelines; which includes but is not limited to the proper use and safe handling of tools, equipment and materials and use of personal protective equipment (PPE).Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Maintain good housekeeping in work areas.
- Report day to day activities to Engineer / Supervisor
- Trade Test 1,2,3
- WASC / GCE / SSCE with minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience.
Skills and Competencies
- Basic knowledge of cement production process.
- Working knowledge of the cement packing machines/ functions and procedures.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Good relationship management skills.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Development.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online