Vacancies at Lady Helen Child Health Foundation (LHCHF)
Lady Helen Child Health Foundation (LHCHF) was established to provide suitable evidence-based healthcare and information/support to needy children and family in a timely manner. We hope to support and improve the governance tree in healthcare provision in this arena.
This Foundation is a testimony and acknowledgement of the valuable contributions to child welfare by the Late Lady Helen Odeka who devoted over 50 years of her working life to promoting the health and wellbeing of new born, infants, children and adolescents in Nigeria.
The challenge of this group and the absence of reproducible health care of quality meant that such a gap needed bridging. This is the void that Lady Helen Child Health Foundation will strive to fill. We are therefore looking for someone who shares in this Vision to join the team in moving this organization to the next phase of implementing values that will make things better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Type: Part Time
- Lady Helen seeks to recruit a female part-time nurse we are looking for an enthusiastic nurse willing to work across organizations.
The candidate must:
- Be a Registered Nurse with current license under the Nigerian Nursing Council.
- Must be currently working and experienced in childcare
- Must possess strong work ethics, desire to work in result driven environment that covers children in institutions e.g Orphanages and IDP’s.
- Must possess good listening ability
- Ability to effectively communicate with patient and caregivers
- Ability to interface between patient and hospitals
- Ability to work with community members
- Have a proactive problem-solving approach
Supervising Co-ordinating Administrator
- Promote activities of the Foundation
- Liaise with press, stakeholders, Donor Agencies
- Ability to source and secure Grants and Funds to support organizational solvency
- Ability to negotiate and empathize
- Organize and generate public interest on the activities of the Foundation.
- Assist in developing and maintaining close collaboration with mass media, as well as with groups and organizations whose support is essential to the achievement of the Foundation’s Goals
- Create a usable database with computer savvy stance and maintain/ update organizational contact lists/database.
- Creative and able to use initiative on behalf of the Organization
- Prepare background communication and promotional materials for briefings and visits to media houses
- Ability to work with Board Members, Committees, Internal and External Stakeholders.
- Education: Minimum of a 1st Degree or its equivalent
- ICT Skills: Use of IT Skills to create communication channel.
- Event Management: Experienced in organizing and managing events around NGO activities
- Social Media: Experience and ability to demonstrate the use of social media channels as well as digital content editing in the workplace.
- Communication: Highly developed verbal, written, and oral skills to promote and represent the Foundation.
- Degree in Communications or equivalent
- Able to represent in person and communicate in a highly engaging way
- Ability to demonstrate marketing skills
- Previous experience working with a Foundation
- Salary commensurate with experience and maybe negotiable
- Training will be offered to successful candidate where gaps are noted that needs addressing in line with the Foundation’s vision (training needs to be discussed during the interview)
- Office space and computer support will be available
- LHCHF will expect the appointee to support in maintaining the website.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com with an attached CV showing interests.
Application Deadline 10th May, 2019.