The U.S. Army Medical Research Directorate-Africa/Nigeria and the Henry Jackson Foundation is employing professionals for the following post:
Job Title: Application Developer
a) Incumbent will be responsible for designing and building functional, user-friendly web applications.
b) She/he will customize open source web solutions to meet the requirements of different program managers.
c) Incumbent will provide support to the IT department in the areas of desktop/end-user support, and System Administration.
1) Perform requirements gathering and develop clear Functional Specification Documents
2) Apply Object-Oriented Development methodology to design optimized and scalable database systems Build browser independent, intuitive User Interfaces
3) Manage configuration and support deployment of open source systems e.g. OpenMRS, DHIS2.0 Design a development methodology that supports quick project rollout, incorporating Model View Controller and similar modular approaches
4) Perform data exchange between new and existing web applications using API’s, Web Services, and flat files
5) Apply modern standards to ensure the security of new and existing web applications
6) Conceptualize and implement solutions that would enhance the organization’s operational procedures through automation
7) Develop scripts for typical application support tasks (backups, logs documentation, DB maintenance, data import/export, etc.)
8) Attend to assigned user tickets relating to printing issues, network connectivity, access to shares, and other typical computing needs
9) Provide assistance in installation and maintenance of computing systems ¢ Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field.
Prior Work Experience: Minimum of 5 years of working experience in web development is required. Demonstrable experience in building solutions encompassing secure access, role separation, workflow management, robust security/system auditing, and multi-format reporting. Previous development experience with DHIS2, OpenMRS, and other Health Information systems would be an advantage. Experience with data migration across different database systems is required.
Knowledge: Incumbent should possess knowledge of Windows and Linux server systems. Sound knowledge of DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, Network File/Print service management. Proficiency in using DB systems (experience with MySQL and PostgreSQL is an added advantage). Knowledge of REST / SOAP web services is required
Skills and Abilities: The ability to develop mobile apps would be an added advantage. Ability to work with minimal supervision. Incumbent must be analytical, focused, committed, and keep up with evolving trends. Ability to work with graphics/multimedia tools. HTML / CSS is required. S/he must have good interpersonal skills and be willing to travel.
License: Industry certification (DB-related or other foundation-level IT) is required.
Supervision Received: Supervised by the Senior Program Specialist Monitoring & Evaluation.
Supervision Exercised: No direct supervision exercised.
How to apply:
All Interested and qualified Applicants should submit a cover letter and updated CV to [email protected] . Please state Application Developer in the subject line.
Closing Date: 12 April 2021
For more information, about the job, visit the Vacancy page