Dragnet Solutions Limited - Our client, an international Hotel Brand in Ikeja with a leading hospitality and customer service is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Training Manager / Supervisor
- The ideal candidate will work the with managers department and division heads to discuss staffing needs, recruitment needs, open requisitions, and required/desirable qualifications.
Safety and Security:
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Follow Hazardous Material Management Program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals, fertilizer, pesticides, blood borne pathogens, etc., including using Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Report works related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
Policies and Procedures:
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
- Prepare and review written documents (e.g., daily logs, business letters, memoranda, reports), including proofreading and editing written information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Exchange information with other employees using electronic devices (e.g., pagers and two-way radios, email).
- Provide assistance to coworkers, ensuring they understand their tasks.
- Assist management in screening resumes, conducting interviews and selecting new hourly hires using selection tools and systems.
- Ensure that hourly employees are trained on company core values, job roles, responsibilities, and technical and service aspects of the job.
- Serve as a departmental role model or mentor by working alongside employees to perform technical or functional job duties.
- Coach and develop employees (e.g., create expectations for continual improvement, provide challenging tasks and assignments, hold development discussions, and construct and execute development plans).
- Encourage and motivate employees to perform their best, take responsibility for tasks and assignments, make decisions and provide input on possible improvements.
- Assist management in preparing and conducting performance reviews of hourly employees.
- Collaborate with management to formally recognize hourly employees' performance contributions.
- Assist management in counseling hourly employees on work related concerns and issues to ensure satisfaction and productivity.
- Assist management in establishing and communicating goals, performance expectations, timetables and deadlines for shift or departmental operations to hourly employees and ensure that they are understood.
- Assist management in preparing work schedules of hourly employees.
- Assist management to ensure that hourly employees have the necessary resources to effectively perform their jobs (e.g., supplies, equipment, and inventory).
- Assign and ensure work tasks are completed on time and that they meet appropriate quality standards.
Working with Others:
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Actively listen to and consider the concerns of other employees, responding appropriately and effectively.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Create and type office correspondence using computer.
- Create and maintain filing systems.
- Distribute and route mail.
- Order and track Human Resources office supplies and forms.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of employee and property records, files, and information.
- Answer phone calls and record messages.
- Education: CIPM, TMP Certification - required
- Related Work Experience: At least 5 year of related work experience
- Supervisory Experience: At least 3 year of supervisory experience
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 11th June, 2021.