APIN Public Health Initiatives Limited/Gte, formerly known as AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria is a non-governmental organization registered with the Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). APIN has built a strong partnership with the Nigerian Government, which is memorialized through a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the National Planning Commission. APIN is a leading Nigerian organization in the provision of prevention, care and treatment services to patients with HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis; Malaria; Reproductive Health; Family Planning; Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, and other non-communicable diseases of public health significance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer, Research and Evaluation (TB COVID 19 project)
Job ID: api-01732
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full Time
- This position will report to the Technical Advisor, Strategic Information. The successful person will provide support to all research and evaluation activities of the Directorate.
- S/He will support the writing of Manuscript, literature reviews, qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
- The candidate will also provide support to the directorate technical reports and will be responsible for running research projects from protocol development to implementation; from setting up a research project to delivering an impactful report and publication.
- S/He will develop insightful reports based on the candidate’s data analysis and on both quantitative and qualitative research techniques.
- The candidate should have a strong background in research, be comfortable with a range of methodologies, and be able to demonstrate a track record of conducting research in the public health and TB/HIV space.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Must possess a Degree in Sciences, Social Sciences, or Health Sciences with expertise in research or public health. A postgraduate degree in the relevant position will be desirable.
- Must possess a minimum of eight (8) years cognate experience in HIV/AIDS care and relevant experience supporting the implementation of M&E systems, planning and executing program evaluation.
- Must have skills and experience in the use of Quantitative and Qualitative research methods.
- Skills and experience in the use of Quantitative and Qualitative research methods.
- Experience working with District Health Information System 2 (DHIS2).
- Must have a high level of quantitative and qualitative skills and appropriate use of Quantitative and qualitative data analysis software (Nvivo, Atlas.ti, STATA, or SPSS).
- Expertise in health systems research using mixed methods.
- Expertise in research writing and good mastery of the English language.
- Good knowledge of public health research.
- Acquaintance with HIV/AIDS programming is highly desirable.
- Must be able to handle a fast-paced environment and be able to make informed split-second decisions.
Deadlin: 11th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online