- Company: FHI 360
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Bauchi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in NigeriaFHI 360 Jobs in Nigeria
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Technical Officer – M&E / Capacity Building
Supervisor: State Team Lead with dotted line of reporting to the STA Training/Capacity Building
- The Nigeria Alive & Thrive MIYCN social and behavior change program focuses on improving the delivery and expanding the coverage of MIYCN interventions that contribute to reducing maternal, newborn and child mortality and morbidity.
- A&T will work across the public and NGO sectors to improve MIYCN through A&T’s four components: advocacy, interpersonal communication and community mobilization, mass communication, and strategic use of data.
- At the national level, A&T will predominantly work with its public and NGO sector partners to improve the implementation, monitoring, and enforcement of key MIYCN policies (e.g. Code of Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes; maternity leave; workplace support; breastfeeding-friendly health care and delivery facilities).
- A&T will also work in seven states—Lagos, Kaduna, Kano, Bauchi, Yobe, Borno, and Sokoto—to apply the four components to reach households, communities, and facilities with targeted, age-appropriate social and behavior change communication (SBCC) messaging on MIYCN practices.
- At both the national level and in the seven states, emphasis will be to build the capacity of the public sector (primary healthcare facilities) and local NGOs/CBOs to improve MIYCN practices, advance MIYCN policies, expand the promotion of positive social norms, and extend timed and age-appropriate behavior change messaging through commercial facilities to households and communities.
- Alive & Thrive Nigeria is funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and managed by FHI Solutions.
- In addition to other duties, this position will work closely with the Senior Technical Advisor (STA) Training/Capacity Building and STA Strategic Use of Data.
Training / Capacity Building:
- Support partner NGOs/CSOs’ self-assessment of their organizational and financial capacities using tools such as the Organizational Performance Index (OPI) and Organizational Capacity Assessment (OCA).
- Support partner NGOs/CSOs to facilitate training and development plans based on OPI and OCA results and informed by a capacity building approach.
- Support partner NGOs/CSOs with one-on-one hands-on mentoring and learning, on-demand TA, learning-by-doing activities, group trainings, and relationship building with local government; ensure partner NGOs/CSOs meet goals identified in training and development plans.
- Support partner NGOs/CSOs in sustainability support and activities related to project implementation.
- Support the development of a performance measurement system for NGOs/CSOs, including recommendations for the institutionalization of this system within existing local structures.
- Support with the documentation of partner NGOs/CSO success stories for knowledge sharing, reporting, and replication.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
- Work with state government counterparts to provide support and guidance on program/project monitoring and evaluation activities and on SPHCDA/SMOH reporting requirements.
- Work with sub grantees to support the correct implementation and use of monitoring and evaluation tools, and adherence to complete, correct and timely reporting.
- Contribute to the design and technical development of monitoring and evaluation initiatives at the state level. Provide related capacity building support to sub grantees.
- Conduct monitoring visits to sub grantee offices and project sites, including the conduct of data quality assessments (DQAs) using official tools; assist in the preparation of monthly reports, and provide supportive supervision.
- Help ensure that the quality of program/project activities adheres to SOPs by supporting the development and implementation of appropriate mechanisms to ensure quality of all program interventions.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the computerized data capture of program activities and provide technical assistance and training to the staff of sub grantees responsible for data entry and management.
- Support with generation and documentation of new evidence on MIYCN programming/interventions based on the A&T project inputs
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences, Human Nutrition, Political Science, Public Health or related fields required.
- Master’s Degree will be an advantage.
- At least 3-5 years of experience providing training, mentoring, systems improvement, and TA to local NGOs/CSOs and state and local governments, especially in health, in Nigeria.
- Experience with international donor-supported projects (e.g., Foundations, USAID, and CDC)
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants, and sub grantees required.
- Demonstrated ability to design and adapt tools and document success stories and project learning for replication.
- Experience with development of presentations to high-level government stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Ability to work with a high level of independence, using own initiative.
- Willingness to be co-located with local partner to provide technical assistance.
- Comfortable with multitasking: handling multiple projects simultaneously, and ability to prioritize assignments.
Application Closing Date