APIN Public Health Initiatives Limited/Gte, formerly known as AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria is a non-governmental organization registered with the Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). APIN has built a strong partnership with the Nigerian Government, which is memorialized through a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the National Planning Commission. APIN is a leading Nigerian organization in the provision of prevention, care and treatment services to patients with HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis; Malaria; Reproductive Health; Family Planning; Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, and other non-communicable diseases of public health significance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer, Health Systems Strengthening
Ref No: api-78497
Location: Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
Slot: 2 Openings
- This position reports to the Associate Director, Health Systems Strengthening (HSS). The successful person must have a good understanding of health systems and will support the department lead in the design and implementation of health systems strengthening activities.
- S/He will provide technical assistance to project staff, relevant institutions and partners in the planning, implementation and monitoring of health systems strengthening interventions.
- S/He will provide technical support in the development and implementation of health systems strengthening programs along with the six WHO health framework and support the development of annual operational work planning and budgeting of government partners (NASCP, SASCP, SACA, and LACA).
- S/He will support site coordination, supervision, mentorship, and institutional capacity building.
- The person will support the identification, planning and implementation of technical activities related to the quality of healthcare and health services infrastructure.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must possess a medical degree (MBBS, MBChB) from a recognized institution; a postgraduate medical fellowship in an appropriate specialty (Public Health, Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Pediatrics) will be an added advantage.
- Must have a minimum of six (6) years’ post-qualification experience in health systems strengthening, health financing, or human resource for health management.
- Leadership/mentoring skills and good interpersonal skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience using MS office packages including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook among others.
- High level of integrity.
- Must possess good relationship management/ advocacy skills.
- Must possess good report writing, presentation, data interpretation skills
Application Closing Date
15th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: