ICAP is a global health leader situated at Columbia University, ICAP has worked since 2003 with one central goal: to improve the health of families and communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Technical Director - RISE
Job No.: 495390
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Work Type: Regular Full-Time
Reports to: The Country Director, ICAP in Nigeria
Categories: Program Management / Implementation / Support, Technical / Clinical / Quality Improvement / Training
- Working under the supervision of the Country Director of ICAP in Nigeria and (guidance and direction of the Chief or Party for the RISE project in Nigeria).
- The Technical Director (TD) will oversee the program technical team supporting activities to strengthen HIV care and treatment in Akwa Ibom, Adamawa, Niger and Cross River States in Nigeria.
- S/he will provide technical and operational guidance and oversight to the program teams at state, local government and site level, liaising with partners and local organizations.
The Technical Director will:
- Be responsible for envisioning the RISE strategic direction in line with PEPFAR strategic direction, RISE global approaches and emerging environmental priorities.
- Liaise with the Chief of Party to ensure effective implementation and coordination of the care and treatment project activities and monitor progress toward the achievement of project goals and objectives.
- Support the Chief of Party in oversight of all activities, outputs, and outcomes related to the care and treatment project management and administration, including reporting, financial transactions, execution of project plans, and project performance monitoring and evaluation.
- Assume accountability and responsibility for the sound execution of the HIV care and treatment portfolio, focusing on technical assistance to the state and local government health offices as well as facility-based support in line with national and international treatment standards relevant to Nigeria.
- Oversee site support strategy which includes onsite staffing support and/or daily/weekly review of key data elements.
- Using ICAP’s site support strategy to achieve epidemic control, use frequently collected data elements to identify and oversee swift implementation of site support priorities
- Supervise, manage, and provide technical leadership to the project teams, aligning their individual and team efforts with project goals.
- With guidance of the Chief of Party represent the project team in meetings and interactions with the Government of Nigeria, USAID Mission in Nigeria and other stakeholders
- Oversee capacity building activities to transfer skills, knowledge and technology to country stakeholders at the individual, organizational, and national levels.
- Assist in preparation and presentation of progress reports, achievements, and lessons learned to key stakeholders, including USAID Mission, the government, and other implementing partners, and in the preparation for all such presentations.
- Perform other related duties as directed.
MD or MB; BS PLUS Masters in Public Health (MPH) or PhD, DrPH or similar post-graduate Degree in Epidemiology, Public Health or related fields.
Experience, Skills & Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of large-scale HIV-related programs for expanded care and treatment, prevention, and surveillance in resource-limited settings. At least three years of which must have been in a program leadership position with responsibility for PEPFAR performance objectives.
- 5-10 years’ experience with HIV healthcare delivery or public health management in resource limited setting
- Demonstrated technical expertise in HIV care and treatment, and excellent grasp of clinical issues and current literature in HIV treatment
- Prior experience in training, mentoring, and supervision of multi-cultural clinical and program professionals.
- Proven experience in establishing and building working relationships and collaborating with USG and with host-country governments (FMOH, SMOHs, allied ministries, departments and agencies as well as non-governmental sectors) for technical success and visibility of PEPFAR programs.
- Experience in leading clinical program support teams within the context and urgencies of the Nigerian HIV Surge required.
- Prior experience in training, mentoring, and supervision of multi-cultural facility and community based clinical and program teams (including institutionalization of relevant review meetings at service delivery level).
- Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills with competencies in MS Office Suite required
- Fluent English oral and written communication skills; ability to interact professionally in English and oversee the production of comprehensive program reports.
Travel within Nigeria conducting site visits and supporting capacity building and stakeholder relationship management activities to drive RISE strategic objectives.
Application Closing Date
10th August, 2021; W. Central Africa Standard Time.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: