- Company: Jhpiego Nigeria
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Ebonyi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in NigeriaJhpiego Jobs in Nigeria
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Survivor Advocacy Study Research Assistant
Job ID: 2022-4659
Locations: Ebonyi & Sokoto
Category: International Positions
Slot: 4 (2 Openings per Location)
- The “MOMENTUM Country and Global Leadership” (MCGL), is a four-year USAID funded project led by Jhpiego in consortium partnership with Save the Children, PACT and The Manhoff Group (TMG).
- The project focuses on Prevention and Mitigation of the consequences of violence against women and girls and addressing possible drivers of Forced Early and Child Marriage (CEFM) and will be implemented in Sokoto and Ebonyi States, to address four technical areas viz: Sexual violence (SV), Intimate Partner Violence (IPV), CEFM and Early adoption of family planning.
- As part of its learning agenda to identify effective GBV response strategies at the community level, the project will be conducting an exploratory study to assess feasibility and acceptability of a GBV survivor advocacy intervention by community leaders in Ebonyi and Sokoto States.
- Participate in the process of collecting quality data for the GBV Survivor Advocacy Study
Working closely with the field supervisors and the data manager, you are to:
- Participate in the data collection training for data collectors and field supervisors in Ebonyi and Sokoto State.
- Participate in field testing the data collection tools in selected health facilities in Ebonyi/Sokoto State.
- Screen, recruit and consent study participants in accordance to the study SOP or research protocol
- Conduct in-depth interviews and self-efficacy surveys
- Notify the study team on any Severe Adverse Event, protocol deviation or any other ethical issues during the data collection process.
- Ensure data security and keep custody of the android tablet devices
- Degree in Sociology, Biostatistics or equivalent.
- At least 2 years experience
- Prior experience leading or supporting similar research projects is an advantage.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods, community-level surveys are desirable.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are critical.
- Good spoken and written English as well as local languages of the preferred state (Ebonyi/Sokoto).
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines at short notice.
- Excellent report writing skills
- Good computer skills and competence with mobile real-time electronic data collection is compulsory.
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package including: medical and dental plans; paid vacation, holidays and sick leave; personal accident insurance; 403(b) retirement plan; life and disability insurance; travel insurance; education assistance plan and more.
Application Closing Date