Saro Lifecare Limited is a company in Saroafrica Group that plays in the personal and home care category with a national audience in the fast-moving consumer goods industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Superintendent Pharmacist
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
Superintendents Pharmacist have overall responsibility for ensuring that regulatory, professionally ethical appropriate policies and procedures are in place and implemented within the overall manufacturing operations in Saro Lifecare Pharmaceuticals, to achieve full compliance with such legislation and to govern every aspect of production.
- Responsible for regulatory affairs of the products sourcing and production operation, including organising and maintenance of the company’s and products’ licences and annual /periodic renewals.
- Liaising with external bodies and agencies on healthcare and medical matters.
- Responsible for authorization of production, Batch Manufacturing Record (BMRs) and document review.
- Overall responsibility for the adherence of products, and operations to Pharmaceutical standards of quality and safety.
- Responsible for supervising Quality Management System (QMS); Ensures Good Manufacturing Practise (GMP) is adhered.
- Co-ordination of clinical presentations and meetings with Private Sector clinics, Federal and State Government Health institutions
- Co-ordination of imports of finished formulations and APIs
- Liaising with bodies such as the Pharmaceutical Group of the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (PMGMAN), National Agency for Food Drugs Administration and Control (NAFDAC), Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN), Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria (PSN), Federal and State Ministries of Health, Customs and Excise Authorities.
- Interface with multilateral and Development Agencies such as World Health Organization (WHO), West African Health Organization (WAHO), United Nation Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), on Healthcare and Medicinal matters.
- Conduct training to Pharmacists on QMS, CGMP and job-related aspects.
- Attends to any incidental support that may be required by the Factory Manager.
- Registration of premises with the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN); Registration of products with the National Agency for Food Drugs Administration and Control (NAFDAC).
- Clinically screen prescriptions to ensure safe, optimal and cost-effective use of the medicine.
- Take overall responsibility for setting out the standards and policies for the provision of professional pharmacy service.
- Oversees the operation’s handling of record keeping mechanisms and standard operating procedures.
- Lead key projects on R&D involvement to support business goals.
- Support the business in the development of concepts, products and solutions that meets with customers expectation.
- Determine and execute improved technologies used by suppliers, competitors, and customers.
- Research, design and evaluate materials, assemblies, processes and equipment.
- Document all phases of research and development.
- Minimum of a second-class upper degree in pharmacy from a reputable institution.
- Registered with the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria.
- Has worked in a manufacturing organization, where experience and involvement in production would be an added advantage.
- Role and experience in Research and Development is a highly desirable requirement, and related background and depth of experience would confer additional advantage
- Related experience working in a multinational or blue-chip indigenous company would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Age: 28 – 35 years old.
Special Skills / Key Behavioural Competencies:
- Ability to work independently and deliver.
- Strong leadership and personnel development
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and resolve issues.
- Accurate and attention to detail
- Goal-oriented organized team player.
- Proficiency in stakeholder management – suppliers, regulators, and other industry partners.
Application Closing Date
12th February, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: