We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: State Technical Officer, Measles Second Dose
Job ID: 1901418
Locations: Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Bayelsa, Delta, Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Osun and Edo
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract Duration: 6 months
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Purpose of the Position
- WHO Nigeria is providing support to the Federal Ministry of Health through the National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA), to conduct high impact immunization activities. These include the introduction of Measles Second Dose (MSD) and Meningitis A vaccine in routine immunization, Supplementary immunization in Yellow Fever, Meningitis A and Measles. These are in line with achieving the objectives set out in the Nigeria Strategy on Immunization and Primary Health Care Systems Strengthening (NSIPSS) and subsidiary strategies including the Elimination of Yellow Fever Epidemics (EYE) strategy and the Measles Elimination Strategic Plan.
The State Technical Officer shall work harmoniously with the state team and provide technical support in ensuring 2019 MSD introduction objectives are met.
Under the overall technical guidance of the EPI Team Leader, the WHO Country Office (WCO) unit heads, the State Technical Officer will work under the day-to-day supervision of the WHO State Coordinator and the oversight of the Zonal Coordinator, and will perform the following functions:
- Support coordination of activities at state level and ensure all key stakeholders are brought on board timely.
- Assist the state to develop quality work-plans and monitor timely implementation of planned activities.
- Support integration of immunization services with other programs, such as nutrition, antenatal care, or school health.
- Updating vaccine reporting and recording forms and systems.
- Support the development of waste management plan including its implementation as per requirements
- Support the development of training plans and assist in the Facilitation of State and LGA level trainings for the 2019 Measles Second Dose introduction activities
- Raise awareness among communities of the need for a second dose of measles vaccine.
- Support the management of AEFI– Reporting, investigating, composition of AEFI Committees at the state and LGA level and their Responsibilities. Management of Negative Rumours against Vaccination / Immunization, etc.
- Participate in all conference calls with the State on MSD activities and follow up
- Support vaccine accountability in LGAs/State.
- Conduct weekly monitoring of Routine Immunization sessions (fixed and outreach)
- Support activities aimed at improving Routine Immunization Data Quality
- Submit weekly updates/dashboard to the WCO and the NMYTCC committee
- Submission of programme report.
- Essential: University degree, preferably in one of the following: Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing, Public Health.
- Desirable: Post-graduate degree in Public Health, preferably in Epidemiology or other related public health fields.
- Essential: At least 1 year experience in EPI activities in similar roles in an organization concerned with public health management.
- Desirable: Prior working experience with international nongovernmental organization (INGOs), WHO/UN, health clusters partners, recognized humanitarian organizations.
- Essential: Advanced level spoken and written English.
- Desirable: Understanding local languages
10:59:00 PM; 4th April, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Notice: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device's system settings.