Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim - ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe, and 3 in Jigawa.
The mission has over 600 staff including over 40 international employees. There are four base offices: Damaturu, Maiduguri, Monguno, and Dutse, and three sub-bases including Potiskum, Bade, and Damasak.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Liaison Manager
Maiduguri, Borno and Potiskum, Yobe
Job Type: Full Time
Proposed Start date: August 2021
Direct Line Manager: Area/Field Coordinator
- Action Against Hunger is looking for to fill the role of a State Liaison Manager to act as the organization's liaison partner with various governmental authorities, including but not limited to all ministries both Federal & State government, Government Agencies LGAs, etc where required to facilitate smooth implementation of ACF’s programming, including timely approvals of Principle Agreements, sub-Agreements and Memorandum of Understanding and other permissions.
- Build and maintain relationships with key technical managers and decision-makers in the government, different ministries and among local government authorities;
- Proactively coordinate and advocate on AAH’s behalf with local, regional and national officials to ensure that the desired outcomes for AAH’s activities in State are achieved;
- Accompany the Area Coordinator, DCD Operations and other senior staff to meetings with government officials and facilitate conversations for smooth representation of the organization in those meetings;
- Participate in the relevant meetings i.e. State Emergency Working groups (OCHA, INGO Consortium) when required by the Area Coordinator;
- Support ACF programs in organizing external grants opening and closing meeting with the key state government officials
- Ensure active follow-up on outstanding applications/timely signatures on AAH’s Principal Agreement, Sub-Agreements, MOUs etc filed with various ministries, responding to queries from authorities in a timely manner.
- In collaboration with communications & Advocacy HOD, develop public relations programmes to educate the general public and community members about the AAH program activities to support active community participation and ownership
- Support the AAH emergency interventions when gong for new locations in identify key contacts, access issues of the as per the employee’s abilities;
- Frequently travel to Sub-bases and Bases to support AAH team in relations with the LGAs;
- Work with authorities and ACF capital team to secure all required authorizations and permissions to facilitate smooth implementation of ACF’s programming;
- Develop methodologies to improve the liaison process including best practices and new developments affecting humanitarian Access and ACF as humanitarian actor in the State;
- Develop ongoing relationships with local authorities as needed and other power brokers within Nigeria to facilitate access for ACF humanitarian assistance;
- Collaborate with the SSCO as communities become safer for return of IDP’s to establish a relation with that community leaders for future coordination as AAH expands its program support;
- Work to ensure that the organization’s mission and work in the State is known, accepted by the stakeholders ensuring the safety of AAH for continuous implementation of humanitarian activities in the State.
- Degree Public Relations, Development studies and other related fields;
- At least 2-3 years of relevant work experience in development;
- Minimum 2 years experience in Liaison and Relations or Advocacy, communications position;
- Experience in liaison with governments and/or multilateral institutions at different levels;
- Excellent communicative skills;
- Ability to use technology hardware and software beneficial to the organization;
- Ability to adapt and excel in a fast-paced work environment;
- Fluency in Hausa and English;
Minimum Basic Salary
NGN 466,741 per month
Application Closing Date
9th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, paid leave per year, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
- Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply