- Company: FHI 360
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Nigeria
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - - Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in NigeriaFHI 360 Jobs in NigeriaNGO Jobs in Nigeria
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: State Coordinator
Locations: Lagos, Kano, Borno, Yobe and Sokoto
Supervisor: A&T Nigeria Deputy Director, Programs
- The Nigeria Alive &Thrive (A&T) MIYCN social and behavior change program focuses on improving the delivery and expanding the coverage of MIYCN interventions that contribute to reducing maternal, newborn and child mortality and morbidity.
- A&T will work across the public and NGO sectors to improve MIYCN through A&T’s four components: advocacy, interpersonal communication and community mobilization, mass communication, and strategic use of data.
- At the national level, A&T will predominantly work with its public and NGO sector partners to improve the implementation, monitoring, and enforcement of key MIYCN policies (e.g., Code of Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes; maternity leave; workplace support; breastfeeding-friendly health care and delivery facilities). A&T will also work in seven states—Lagos, Kaduna, Kano, Bauchi, Yobe, Borno, and Sokoto—to apply the four components to reach households, communities, and facilities with targeted, age-appropriate social and behavior change communication (SBCC) messaging on MIYCN practices.
- At both the national level and in the seven states, emphasis will be to build the capacity of the public sector (primary healthcare facilities) and local NGOs/CBOs to improve MIYCN practices, advance MIYCN policies, expand the promotion of positive social norms, and extend timed and age-appropriate behavior change messaging through commercial facilities to households and communities.
- Alive & Thrive Nigeria is funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and managed by FHI Solutions.
- The Field Coordinator is the state focal person for A&T and oversees project activities in the state.
- H/She is responsible for program planning, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of the interventions implemented by A&T and its assigned sub grantees.
- H/She is accountable for judicious use of all resources entrusted with A&T and its partners in the state.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in development of and monitors work plans and budgets; ensures appropriate levels of technical assistance in program operations; coordinates partner efforts in program implementation; ensures appropriate program monitoring and accurate financial and programmatic reporting to the Country Office.
- Work with identified state partners on MIYCN integration and scale up activities within the state
- Serve as the point of contact of A&T with government officials and coordinate and collaborate with all public sector and partners at the state.
- With the assistance of the A&T M&E specialist, monitor all intervention strategies to ensure that they meet contractual, financial, and programmatic goals.
- With technical assistance from country office technical specialists, provide programmatic/technical assistance to all local A&T partners in the design, implementation, modification, monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
- Coordinate all capacity building activities for A&T partners at the state level.
- Review periodic reports (programmatic and financial) submitted by all collaborating partners at the state office level and forward same to the country office.
- Undertake regular monitoring visits to project sites and partners as necessary.
- Collaborate with other IPs based in the state to coordinate project activities.
- Ensure the day-to-day implementation of work plan activities in the state(s) and provide input into the development, management, and maintenance of work plan
- Compile state level reports on project results, case studies and lessons learned.
- Facilitate, draft, and participate in the development of, and/or the timely completion/review of A&T technical reports, such as: monthly, quarterly, and/or annual reports; strategic plans and work plans; and other ad hoc reports, as required.
- Participate in the design and implementation of assessments and evaluation studies, trainings, and workshops.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- MSc / MPH or equivalent in Human Nutrition, Social Sciences, Business Administration, Health Sciences or related fields.
- A minimum of 7-9 years of experience managing public health/development projects.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience supervising direct reports.
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in programme management especially in nutrition and Social and Behavior Change Communication.
- Demonstrated experience and high acceptability in working with government, NGOs, private sector are required.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Fluent English written and oral communication skills, and the ability to write for a range of audiences and purposes, including superior presentation skills.
- Substantial operational experience and a track record of success on public health programming, including nutrition and SBCC.
- Sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to think creatively and innovate and to set priorities, manage work plans and evaluate progress.
- Experience in working across multiple partners and government.
- Proven capacity to deliver results against objectives, reporting schedules and workplans.
- Ability to translate programmatic information into practical guidance and tools and effectively communicate these using print, electronic, and presentation media.
- Proven track record that demonstrates leadership skills, project management, budget and resource management experience, and client relationship management capability.
- Diplomatic and good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels.
- Ability to effectively work independently and outside of conventional office environments, if needed.
- Strong initiative and self-motivation required with a commitment to teamwork and effectiveness.
- Proficient in word processing, presentations, and spreadsheet computer packages.
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning, administrative, and financial management systems.
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking high-level policy dialogue with different stakeholders.
- Demonstrated expertise in building effective relationship with key internal and external stakeholders.
Application Closing Date