We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Developer – SMART
Summary of Job
- The SMART software developer will be responsible for developing and supporting the specified architecture and infrastructure for a portfolio of applications centered on Sickle Cell Anemia advocacy, education, testing, and treatment programs. He or she will thrive as part of a collaborative software development team, implementing system functionality based on user requirements, use cases, prioritized project needs and/or stakeholder direction.
- Analyze and study complex systems requirements.
- Prepare design, product and training documentation.
- Understand how data flows within various systems to provide input on requirements for databases to ensure data is organized properly for reporting and analytics.
- Prepare training manuals for users to ensure application ease of use.
- Collaborates with product owners, and other software developers to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain both web- & mobile-based applications
- Assists in the estimation and assessment of the feasibility of solutions.
- Android, Kotlin/Java, Android Architectures, ReactJS/React Native/Flutter, Python, REST microservices, Firebase, Kafka, Google Cloud, Embedded Device Integration, Biometric Integration, GIT, Docker.
To perform this role successfully, the Software Developer will perform the following responsibilities in relation to all clinics which will include but are not limited to:
- Works daily with a team of self-organized, cross-functional, talented developers to design and build software products that serve multiple stakeholders in the Sickle Cell Anemia advocacy, care, and treatment domain.
- We are building a world-class software product that will enable caregivers to maximize impact with SCA patients each and every visit through the digitization and discovery of patient data. Experience in the architecture, productization, packaging, and release of commercial software is strongly desired.
- Collaborates with product owners, the software development team and stakeholders to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain an offline-first, scalable, Cloud distributed mobile software application.
- Contributes to collaboratively architecting abstraction layers for both the front end and back end of an existing application for scale, maintainability, and reusability.
- Participates in the evolution of company-level software best practices, standards, and policies
- Grows valuable skills in software interoperability, architecture, medical device integration, and component-based software design.
- Experienced in designing software solutions supporting secure and standards-compliant information exchange with software and hardware systems
- Experienced in agile software development methodology (e.g. Scrum, Sprint Planning, Retrospectives)
- Strong unit test and debugging skills as well as proficiency in the use of code versioning and a standard suite of software development tools (Git, CI, etc.)
- Work Experience: S/he will be required to have had related and progressive experience in the skills outlined
- Sound Bachelor’s degree from a college or university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems Technology or a related field. A postgraduate degree is desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Software Development or an equivalent of education and experience
Competitive salary scale which is negotiable, but performance-based.
The following benefits are available with this offer of employment:
- Health Insurance: EHA Clinics will cover medical expenses for yourself, your spouse and up to two dependents. Further details are contained in the Nigeria Addendum to the EHA Clinics Employee Handbook.
- Group Life Assurance: EHA Clinics provides life insurance for you as our employee. This insurance is payable in the event of your death. The effective date of coverage will be upon successful completion of your probationary period.
- Group & Personal Accident: EHA Clinics provides Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (ADD) for you as our employee. AD&D covers death by accidental means (rather than natural causes) and dismemberment. The effective date of coverage is your hire date.
- Pension: EHA Clinics supports employee retirement preparation and investment by paying a 10% pension contribution on top of the statutory pension contribution of 8% that is already factored into your salary.
- Annual Leave: You are entitled to 21 days paid annual leave accrued at 1.75 days/month after confirmation. Employees may begin scheduling leave with their direct supervisor upon successful completion of their probationary period
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online