Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, HIV and health extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Specialist – Social Welfare Systems Capacity Strengthening
Job Code: 200000OA
Job: Program Management
Job Type: Full-time
The Global Action Towards Epidemic control in Sub-national units in Nigeria (4GATES) program is a five year (2017-2022), United States Center for Disease Control (CDC) funded HIV/AIDS care, treatment and support program implemented across Faith-based and Government owned health facilities in Delta, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo States. Catholic Relief Services is part of the 4GATES consortium, which is led by Caritas Nigeria and includes, Catholic Relief Services (CRS), Pro-Health International and Palladium. CRS supports the implementation of the Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) component of the 4GATES project
- The STS – Social Welfare Systems and Sustainability will provide technical leadership on all aspects of community and social systems strengthening to improve the quality of service delivery for OVC by community-based organizations and social service organizations at both local and state government level.
- Participate in the Organizational Capacity Assessment of State MDAs, LGAs, CSOs and implementation of appropriate strategies to address identified gaps for improved performance.
- Provide on the job technical assistance, coaching and mentoring to the SMWASD, LGAs and CBOs on the 4GATES OVC Project to implement action plans/strengthen organizational systems for efficiency and sustainability
- Identify and link 4GATES project beneficiaries through CBOs to both public and private sector social protection interventions available across project states
- Serve as a resource at the state level to all Stakeholders and Partners in the implementation of the 4GATES OVC Project
- Strengthen structures at the State, LGA and Community levels for quality service delivery to Vulnerable Children in a sustainable manner.
- Implement training plans to meet capacity needs of the 4GATES OVC project at States, LGA and Community levels
- Facilitate resource leveraging and mobilization efforts of SMWASD, LGAs and CBOs on the 4GATES OVC Project
- In collaboration with 4GATES OVC team, spearhead advocacy to the Public and Private sectors to generate support and mobilize resources for Vulnerable Children programming
- Ensure that all project reporting and M&E systems related to capacity development, Social Welfare Systems Sustainability, are effectively implemented and that required information and reports are submitted accurately and on time.
- Spearhead the evaluation of all 4GATE_OVC capacity building and training activities.
- Develop and maintain strong external networks with government agencies, partners, other PEPFAR implementing partners, and other key stakeholders in the State.
- Promote implementation of Quality Improvement interventions and Standards in the 4GATES OVC project across supported States.
- Document lessons, progress reports of systems strengthening support to SMWASD, LGAs and CBOs on the 4GATES OVC Project
- Carry out any other 4GATES OVC program related task as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree in health, social science or related discipline a Master's degree in Public Health or its equivalent is an added advantage
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Orphans and Vulnerable Children programming in Nigeria
- Minimum 4 years of experience implementing capacity building initiatives for GoN and community-based organizations
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience working in PEPFAR pediatric HIV and OVC programming.
- Strong background in program implementation; experience in supervising and providing technical assistance for roll-out of evidence-based HIV and OVC programming strategies.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently and ability to transfer knowledge through formal and informal training.
- Strong strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
- Strong interpersonal skills, communications and presentation skills; ability to develop tailored and persuasive messaging for varied audiences.
- Proven leadership qualities, depth and breadth of technical expertise and experience in social welfare systems, and sustainability programing
- Required Foreign Language: Excellent written and spoken English.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of time
Key Working Relationships
- Internal: CRS 4GATES team, Deputy Country Representative (Program), RTAs for Health and OVC, Country Representatives, Heads of Operations, and Security Managers/Focal Points.
- External: CCFN 4GATES team, the principal investigator CCFN 4GATES project, Senior Technical Advisor, Senior Program managers and Program managers, SMWA&SD, SACA, Local Government Social Development Unit, Implementing partners, other donors, and healthcare facility management and staff.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
What We Offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
Application Closing Date
22nd November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas.
- We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.