APIN Public Health Initiatives Limited/Gte, formerly known as AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria is a non-governmental organization registered with the Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). APIN has built a strong partnership with the Nigerian Government, which is memorialized through a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the National Planning Commission. APIN is a leading Nigerian organization in the provision of prevention, care and treatment services to patients with HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis; Malaria; Reproductive Health; Family Planning; Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, and other non-communicable diseases of public health significance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Officer, Quality Improvement
Requisition ID: api-06011
Location: Jos, Plateau
Employment type: Full Time
Department: Strategic Information
- The job holder will be a member of the State Team and will support program monitoring and evaluation (M&E), and quality assurance (QA) systems.
- S/He will share program output data with the state team and the State Government through the state team Lead and monitor the progress of the program towards achieving targets in the State.
- Coordinate setting-up and maintenance of electronic medical records systems and other digital solutions at new and existing sites within APIN-Supported States.
- He/she will work with the Senior Technical Advisor - SI and other program officers to identify, develop and implement relevant evaluation projects for the program
- He/she will identify gaps in monitoring and evaluation capacity at the sites and recommend appropriate training needs, develop and implement training of relevant QI staff at both the state office and programme sites
- He/she will ensure comprehensive data analysis to identify areas for improvement across thematic areas, health facility systems and program units.
- He/she will provide technical support to program sites in developing and implementing clinical quality improvement activities and commencing projects in poor performing program areas
- He/she will supervise the state Clinical Quality Assurance Officers and serving as subject matter expertise regarding process improvement initiatives across ART/ TB, PMTCT, care and support, prevention & community services will provide quality assurance/ improvement focused technical assistance.
- Will actively support Data Quality Assurance (DQA) and other performance measurement exercises in the states
- He/she will review and update the programme quality improvement protocol as indicated and ensure documentation and dissemination of the quality improvement and best practices at both state office and programme sites
- Participating in the dissemination of results to the facility management and quality teams and facilitating the facility-wide adoption of CQI practices across key service delivery interventions
- He/she will strongly support M&E capacity development activities, support project M&E activities and reporting of performance and results including M&E capacity development for facilities staff, supporting them to develop robust M&E systems to track indicators, analyse data, and report results to APIN HQ/PEPFAR/CDC.
- Develop metrics and other relevant reports on QA/QI management for all issues, plan and conduct periodic program quality compliance audit at service delivery points to identify non-compliance in adherence to SOPs and guidelines; provide capacity building to health facility teams on QA and QI methodologies.
- He/she will provide onsite technical assistance to the facility QI teams and collate all QI activities and work collaboratively with the multidisciplinary teams to address program gap
- He/she will support and monitor the implementation of the QI coaching strategy
- He/she will comply with other responsibilities as designated by supervisors.
Qualifications & Experience
- MB.BS / MD / Ph.D, B. Pharm, or similar Degree with 6 to 8 years relevant experience with at least 4 years progressive experience working in Monitoring and Evaluation in large HIV / AIDS programs at national or international level.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or public health with 7-9 years’ work experience or Masters degree in related field with 5-7 years’ work experience or Higher Diploma in Clinical Medicine from a recognized institution and registered with the Clinical Officers Council with 9-11 years’ work experience.
- A good understanding of PEPFAR Surge program and national HIV epidemic control implementation strategies
- At least 3 years of clinical current hands-on experience of providing integrated HIV/AIDS services to diverse patients in a large program-linked facility or very busy clinical practice.
- Computer literate and competent in the use of ICT resources
- Familiarity with CDC/USAID and PEPFAR programs is required.
- High data management, analysis and reporting skills
- Completed training in Quality Improvement models and participated in quality improvement projects for clinical interventions.
- Report writing and oral/written communication skills.
- Computer literacy/skills in usage of personal productivity tools (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Internet browsing, emailing, etc.)
- Ability to meet deadlines, be self-motivated and function optimally with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated creativity and innovativeness in adapting to challenging work environments.
- Constructive and productive team player with good communication skills.
- Ready to travel frequently to undertake field visits, accompany field teams and possess the ability to communicate well in diverse cultural settings.
Application Closing Date
17th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: