Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Officer – Monitoring & Evaluation
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full Time
Supervisor: Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator
- The Senior Technical Officer, Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E), under the supervision of the Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator is responsible for the implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities for the LGA offices.
- The Senior Technical Officer, M&E will work with others in the State and LGAs including local implementing partners to ensure that monitoring and evaluation activities are appropriate and meet the donor and project’s M&E needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Will be responsible for the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities for the State Office.
- S/he will work with others in the country office and state offices to ensure that monitoring and evaluation activities are appropriate and meet the donor and project’s M&E needs.
- S/He will provide technical oversight for designing, development, planning, implementation; and capacity-building of monitoring and evaluation of assigned unit level programs and develop strategies and tools for the design and implementation of surveillance, monitoring and evaluation components.
- Support the development of quality management system, including supporting appropriate data analysis and reporting.
- Work with the state-level staff and government counterparts to provide support and guidance on program/project monitoring and evaluation activities and on donor and Government of Nigeria reporting requirements.
- Provide support to sites at LGA, including interacting with site Program Managers, M&E focal points, state government M&E officers, other Implementing Agencies and local research groups on needs and ensuring that these parties understand and can support these requirements.
- Work with local partners to support the correct implementation and use of monitoring and evaluation tools, and adherence to complete, correct and timely reporting.
- Conduct routine monitoring visits to project sites, including the conduct of data quality assessments (DQAs) using official tools, oversee the preparation of monthly reports, and provide supportive supervision.
- Ensure that the quality of program/project activities adheres to SOPs by supporting the development and implementation of appropriate mechanisms to ensure quality.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of computerized and mobile data capture of the program and provide technical assistance and training to the staff at the sites responsible for data entry.
- Provide technical assistance and supervision to M&E officers at LGA level in integrating FHI 360 data into the national Management Information System.
- On a monthly basis, analyze state-level data and provide approved reports to State Office, National Office and local partners or other relevant parties.
- Build capacity of local partners in project monitoring and with program staff and local partners, use program/project monitoring data to modify existing programs and design new programs.
- Document lessons learned and best practices in monitoring and evaluation, according to donor guidelines.
- Represent FHI 360 and makes presentations at professional meetings and conferences related to Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Remain informed of current issues regarding Monitoring and Evaluation of integrated programs in the fields by review of current literature; be alert to any implication of such research for project and program activities.
- Support implementation of project evaluation activities (including drafting ToRs, oversight of implementation of evaluations, working with sector leads to develop management responses to evaluation recommendations etc.).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- MBBS / MD / PhD or any similar Degree with 3 to 5 years relevant experience in monitoring and evaluation with a sound understanding of humanitarian integrated health program delivery in resource constrained settings.
- Or MPH or MS / MA in relevant Degree with 7 years relevant experience in monitoring and evaluation with a sound understanding of humanitarian integrated health program delivery in resource constrained settings.
- Or B.Sc / BA in Statistics, Pharmacy, Microbiology, Monitoring and Evaluation or any relevant Degree with not less than 9 years relevant experience in monitoring and evaluation with a sound understanding of humanitarian integrated health program delivery in resource constrained settings.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of humanitarian programs in North-East Nigeria specifically.
- Knowledge and experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation
- Clinical management and training experience and ability to understand full range of issues around integrated program including WASH and Nutrition.
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues within the communities
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English and Hausa communication. Well-developed computer skills.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online